November 11, 2012

Their Big Day

Yesterday was the big day. The entire wedding party was supposed to be there by 2pm. Master and I got there maybe five minutes early. About 15 minutes later the groom showed up. I couldn't go sit in the ceremony room so I sat in a small waiting area just outside the men's changing room. Master came out and sat by me for a little while after He changed into His tux. Then everything got crazy as hell. It was like everything started happening at one time and no one knew what to do first. After Master was told that He was good to go we stepped outside for a minute to get out of everyone's way and take a deep breath. I took some pictures of Him in His tux and He took some pictures of me in my outfit. He told me several times that I looked sexy as hell. I was so happy that He was pleased.

Although I will say I hate regular pantyhose. They are uncomfortable. Give me thigh highs or crotchless pantyhose any day!

Finally I could go sit in the ceremony room. I found a seat right in the front row and actually it was a seat directly in line where I knew Master would be standing so that made me happy as well. The ceremony started and Master and I smiled at one another once He was in place.

Master and I are not christian. You all know that by now I'm sure. But holy hell I don't think they could have crammed any more prayers into it. I'm not exaggerating when I say they had four different sets of vows. I was confused when they didn't pull out the rings on the first one. But there was a candle ceremony thing, and then vows from the officiant, then their own vows and then finally the actual vows where they said "I will." I found it a little odd that they didn't say "I do" but hey.. what do I know about religious weddings. Nothing at all.

After the ceremony it was time for the bridal party pictures and so the guests had a cocktail hour. Literally every person I knew there was in the bridal party so I just kind of walked around a little bit and no one there would even really look at me let alone talk to me so I just plopped my ass down on the stairs and stayed there for the entire time. Towards the end the bridal party came in (minus the bride and groom). Master saw me and pulled me outside again for the breather.

And then it was time for the reception. They all sat at the head table. They had made little ornament looking things with names attached to them so everyone knew which table to sit at. I was at the table literally right in front of the head table. That made me smile.

After dinner they cut the cake and then had their first dance. After a little while the bridal party was asked to dance as well, with the people that they were assigned to for the walk down the aisle. So Master danced with that girl for a while. I think she was as uncomfortable as He was. She's a lesbian and you could tell she was like, "I have to dance with a man?!"

And then of course it got a little goofy. Master started dancing with the groom and when the other best man cut in to dance with the groom Master danced with the bride. I didn't get a dance with Him at all but I know He hates dancing anyway so the fact that He was forced to in the first place was enough for Him.

Master got some pictures of the groom and I together. He's my friend too and I've known him for almost 10 years. Then the groom took some pictures of Master and I together. The professional wedding photographer also took some pictures of us together. Why? I have no idea.

But you know what I was most excited about? We got a new picture of us together! We haven't had a good picture of us since about 2009. That's a long time. So I was more than pleased about having a new picture with Master as was He.

We did cut out after two hours though but before we went I wanted to see their wedding rings so as soon as I got a hug out of each of them I asked. Their rings don't match. They are beautiful rings but they are completely different. Does that happen a lot? Our rings match.

The four of us (Master, myself, the bride and the groom) promised each other that after the holiday rush we would have to start seeing each other more often. In fact they both apologized to us for being invisible for the past year or so. That blew me away. The bride has actually really warmed up to us.

So, it looks like we're going to be seeing more of them after December. Which is a good thing. We don't have a lot of friends and Master has been friends with the groom for almost 25 years. It'll be good for him to come back to the table ya know?

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about religious weddings. I grew up in a heavily Catholic area. A wedding I went to once was almost an hour and a half long. Longer than most church services I've attended. Longer than god damn Latin Mass. Say this prayer, kneel, stand, circle the altar, etc, etc for nearly two hours.

    As for non-matching wedding rings, it's pretty common. A couple friends of mine have similar but still different rings. Her's is thinner and has tiny diamonds. His is wider and decidedly more masculine. Plus, a lot of women have wedding bands that attach to their engagement ring to make one solid piece, which men normally do not do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just didn't make sense to me because they are completely different. Her's is a small gold band with diamonds on it. His is a very thick silver band with Celtic knots on it. I can understand some differences but they are completely different.

    ReplyDelete