November 21, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. *shrugs* With my family, after my grandmother passed away, it became more of a everyone get together and visit type of thing. It wasn't really a celebration of anything. There are no formalities to it anymore. When my grandmother was alive she would get the whole group together, including relatives out of state. It was a big deal back then. But most of those people have passed on. My grandmother, two of my great aunts, one of my uncles, a few of my cousins and my Oma and Opa. Everyone else was from out of state and once my grandmother passed away no one came anymore. And now that my parents are divorced and my grandfather has pretty much given up entirely on holidays as he says he's getting too old there is no tradition anymore. So as I said, it's more of a visit type thing.

Master's family doesn't make a big deal out of it either. In fact aside from this year His mother has never invited us over for it. But this year is different. Her husband's son and his son's wife are coming down from Minnesota and so magically she invited us.

Master is not a fan of holidays. Never has been, never will be. But He puts up with it in regards to my family. Thankfully He likes His in-laws. But His mother? Yeah. Not so much. Not to mention neither of us can stand her husband's son and his son's wife.

So tomorrow we are going to visit my mother for a while and then go over to His mother's. My mom's should be easy. Just talk and hang out for a while. Who the hell knows how it'll go at His mother's. One thing I do know is that we're going to end up pissing her off at some point.

Why? Well, we have been getting along really, really well with His father's side of the family. And she has a lot of venom for Master's father. A lot. Master has been talking to His father and that side of the family for a few years now and it's only gotten better. But every time you bring that up to His mom she gets pissy really fast.

With how things are going now with His father's side of the family, we are getting to be a lot closer to them and it's wonderful. So, we plan on rubbing that in her face a bit. Okay, maybe more than a bit. But they are genuine in wanting to see us. When His mother invites us over it's so we can help her with something or her husband suggests it. *shrugs* Hopefully we won't be there too long and we can come home and relax.

It's kind of weird knowing that I don't have to go to work tomorrow though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment