February 24, 2012

Music To My Ears

I just got home from work. Shortly after I got home Master and I started talking and I realized that I had completely forgotten about an errand that needed to be done. Master was kind enough to go run out instead of me. It's not exactly a short errand as the place is a good half hour away. Blah.

There is some music that I enjoy that Master does not. It's not a big deal. It's just I know the songs I like that He doesn't. As a result, I try not to listen to them when He's around. I don't own the CD or anything. I just sometimes look them up on You Tube. If they come on the radio when I'm alone in the car I'll turn the volume up. It's not like Master has forbidden me from looking them up or listening to them when He's home/in the car. I just don't do it.

There have been a few times where I have asked Him if He'd mind, simply because it's stuck in my head. He always tells me I don't have to ask. I'm not sure why, but I feel the need to ask. I have no idea where this came from. As I said, it's not something He's ever commented on except stating at some point that He doesn't like that band or that song. For some reason I log that away in my head and just don't listen to it when He's around unless I ask permission. Weird huh? Anyone else got something like that?

So since Master is not home right now I decided to play some music on You Tube in the background while I type out this post. There is one song though that Master found that I absolutely love. It reminds Him of me and reminds me of Him. But it's in a weird way. It's not exactly a love song.

We both love Alice Cooper. He came out with an album not that long ago and there is a song on there called "I Am Made Of You".

Master and I have both had extremely rough times in our almost nine years of being together. They were independent. Meaning that we each had our demons to deal with where we had to lean rather heavily on the other.

This song makes us think of those times, but not in a bad way. To me, it reminds me of the strength He lent me and how He helped me drag myself up off the floor and eventually get back on my feet, all the while holding on to Him because I couldn't hold myself up just yet. In case any of you want to listen to it, here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment