February 29, 2012

Over It

I am so over this work week. I've noticed that whenever I know that I'm going to start looking for a new job two things happen.

One: I get nervous about searching for a new job because well, there is a lot of unknown variables.

Two: When things piss me off at work (such as today) I find myself looking forward to searching for a new job.

Yeah, it's a little weird. Like I've said previously, I don't hate my job. But the whole carpool situation is something I'm getting sick of fast. Especially lately. Last minute changes, trying to get the other person in the carpool to help out with rides as well... *sigh*

For instance, the driver of the carpool can't drive us home on March 15th. No big deal there. But since Master is almost always the one picking us up or me just taking the car I thought I would ask the other guy if his wife could pick us up for a change.

Since our job moved out to where it is now he has handled rides home three times. Three. That's it. Other than that it's Master picking us up or me taking the car when the driver of the carpool takes a day off or can't take us home from work. Yeah, he helps out a little with gas but it still gets frustrating. Especially when gas prices are high.

I had asked the guy yesterday if it would be possible and he said he would have an answer for me today. So I waited until almost the end of the day and figured I would ask him about it since he hadn't said anything yet. He said he had forgotten and would have an answer for me tomorrow. While I understand that you forget things, this is a very rare thing and so you would think it would stick in his head a bit better.

Eh. Maybe I'm just cranky about that whole situation. He is in the same situation we are in so far as they only have one car too.

Then add to the fact that the driver is taking the whole first week of April off to go to Vegas. I had brought that up to him as well and since it's not just a ride home, it's there and back he said his wife won't be able to help out. Never mind she could just drop us off early. I get it would be a hassle, but still. Your husband has to get to work somehow! I think it's more him not wanting to ask and "put her out" as it were more than her refusing.

Some of the times where I couldn't drive us to work and the driver of the carpool has taken off he just hopped a ride with his parents and didn't tell me about the possible ride there. So, I wasted a day off simply because I didn't think I had any other way to work as our car was in the shop or whatever. He is a nice guy, but when it comes to the carpool... he pisses me off sometimes.

In regards to April though I'm thinking I may just take one of those days where the carpool driver isn't there off. It would just be one of the days though. It would just be a break for me and save on gas a bit. I'm not sure yet though. I have to save most of my time off for job interviews.

Although now that I'm realizing that I will be changing jobs, I've found myself wondering if when I leave my current job if my vacation time will be paid out, or if it just drops off. I don't want to ask because um, that would be weird. Of course there is nothing in the employee handbook about it either. If it does, rock the fuck on. If not? Eh. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment