February 21, 2012

More Of The Same

Yes, another work related post. Honestly, work has been on my mind a lot because of everything that is coming up. It's only three short weeks before I start looking for a new job. Why the wait? So I have the personal time and vacation time to use in case I need to take off work for an interview. It's also three short weeks before I get a three day weekend since I'm taking that Friday off. I know some of you are probably wondering why I am "wasting" a day off when it doesn't have to do with finding a new job. Well, two days before my time at work renews is our anniversary. And our anniversary lands on a weekday, which I cannot take off. So I am using that one extra day to get more quality time in with Master. We're coming up on being together for nine years and married for five of them. (That's the good thing about getting married on your "normal" anniversary... it's easier to keep track.) So it's a pretty big anniversary. A milestone if you will. It's not like we're going to do anything huge, but it would still be nice to get some extra time with Him.

I'm looking forward to that. A lot.

Work isn't as bad as it has been the past month or so, but I'm still playing catch up. The carpool driver told us today that for the next two days she needs to get to work a half hour early. That's not a problem. I don't have an issue with going to work early.

But she also stated that she is going to stay a half hour later than usual. Now, if I wasn't on overtime restriction that would be fine. But I already asked my supervisor and he said I can't go over that much. So, there was no way I wanted to stay later than usual and not get paid for it. So the other person in the carpool is having his wife pick him and I up and take us home tomorrow. Then on Thursday Master will pick us up. Hopefully this doesn't lead into a long Friday. Like I said, I can't go that much over so if we go in early on Friday I can't clock in early and will be sitting there for a half hour doing nothing.

It reminds me of when I was in a carpool at my old job. My shift didn't start until noon. But the driver had to be to his job (it was Master's friend) by 8am. So I would get dropped off shortly before 8am and sit and read or whatever until my shift started if there wasn't any overtime allowed. Which was frequently. I hated it a lot back then and I'm still on that whole thing of not liking to be on another person's schedule. There are three schedules I feel are necessary to follow. Master's, mine and whatever shift I'm on for a job. That's it.

Hopefully the days go by quickly and don't seem to drag simply because I'm there early. It helps the paycheck and helps me get back on track with my work flow. But there are times where regardless of how busy I am, if I'm at work early the time goes by slowly anyway. I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment