February 1, 2012

Catch All

I've been beat to hell at work. I'm still beat to hell from work. But last night, for whatever reason, I all of a sudden got into a weird cleaning mode. And I don't mean the kind of cleaning where you break out a mop and bucket. I felt a sudden need to clean out our "catch all". I'm sure everyone has one. It's the one place where you just toss stuff in there or on top of... whatever. Ours is a plastic three drawer cabinet that sits right next to the computer desk. Last night I was looking for something. I think it was my W-2. Well, strangely enough our catch all is also a place where I put paperwork I'm going to need and/or is important. See, since there are three drawers it depends on which drawer I'm digging in as to whether it's important or whether it's just some random thing I've put in there.

Anyway, I was looking in the drawer and I found what I was looking for but I saw that mess of papers and what not and I sighed and told Master that I was going to clean it out. He had no problem with that. So I literally took everything out of all three drawers and put it into a pile on the floor.

Once I got that far I started separating it all.

There was more in there than I thought. There was of course the pile I made of the important paper work. Then there were receipts and other papers that I have no idea why the fuck I held onto it. I have to take full blame for that. Master doesn't deal with any of it. I do. So I'm the one that just puts stuff in there.

Then there was His camera, the batteries and cords that go with it. Those went into their own little pile.

There was an old web cam in there. We haven't used one in years, so apparently it was in there a long time. That went in the garbage. There was just so much stuff. I think about 85% of it went into the garbage. I'm not kidding. There was a lot.

So once all that was cleaned out and tossed in the trash I separated what needed to go in what drawer. The bottom drawer is for important papers. The middle drawer is for His camera and what not. The top drawer is stuff that we don't need immediately but may in the near future and it was basically the only place to put the stuff in order to keep it separate from the other things.

All but the bottom drawer look so damn empty. I'm still trying to figure out why I had so much shit in there.

It was just weird how that hit me out of nowhere though. When those urges hit me like that it's always about stuff like that. Clearing out drawers, a closet, stuff like that. I'm odd.

And some how I made an entire post about cleaning a three drawer plastic thing next to our computer desk. Go me.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaayy for you kitten! As I am packing to move, I am doing the same sorts of things. Of course, I have reasons to sort everything out since I am moving.. but also the same, is the amount of old stuff I am finding, and wondering.. why on earth did I hold on to it? And other things.. I still don't want to part with. Such an odd mix! But life, is like that.
    Warm hugs,
    Mystress

    ReplyDelete