February 12, 2012

Kinda Sorta But Not Really

I don't have a lot to say right now, so I thought I'd use a journal prompt, since last night's post was pretty damn short. I know Master doesn't like it when my posts are short like that, but sometimes I don't have much to say. Apparently that's the case this weekend.

So rather than trying to beat my head against the keyboard I decided to pick a prompt and run with it.

Can one be partially owned?

I don't really see how you can be partially owned. I mean that doesn't even sound right if you say it out loud. Or maybe that's just me. I can see being owned, not being owned and basically that point where you're still working on it.

But even when you're working your way to being owned by someone, I wouldn't call that partial ownership. I would see that as a path on it's way to ownership.

For example, when Master and I started this path He didn't own me right away. Well, at least not in the true sense of the word. He called me His property and I was. But until we had really figured out what both of us wanted out of this dynamic I would say we were in that gray area. I wouldn't have used the term partial at any point though.

How would that even work? Is that just like weekend stuff? "I'm my own person until Saturday. On Saturday He owns me."

*blinks*

For the first two years of our relationship we lived 45 minutes away from one another. He came down twice a week and slept over once a month. It was like clockwork, unless someone was sick or something along those lines. But I was still under His orders when He wasn't there. I had tasks to complete and I chatted with Him every night. (Instant messaging is just easier sometimes. Especially since Master is so not a phone person.)

There were things in place to make sure I remembered that I was His. I kept a journal (pen and paper) and He read it every week. They were small things, but they were there.

I know that there are gray areas to everything. But to me it's either you're owned, you're not, or it's just something kinky you do. But I would never use the work partial to describe any level of ownership. Maybe I'm just not thinking out of the box but I honestly cannot think of a situation where that would apply.

Or maybe it's something when you submit to more than one person? I, myself, cannot imagine doing that. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I just really do not think that would work for me. At all.

So.... can any one try an explain it to me? Or are you all just as confused as I am?

2 comments:

  1. Umm, partial ownership...Nope, coming up empty for ideas on that one lol.

    ReplyDelete