February 23, 2012

Daily Report

Well, today was a pretty normal day. I did put in an extra hour at work today. The funny thing was I didn't get to everything. I got most of it done. Hell, I got more of it done than I thought I would to be honest with you.

Today the carpool driver couldn't drive us home. So Master picked us up. It was nice getting to see Him as soon as I got out of work. If it weren't for gas prices I wouldn't mind it happening more frequently. We dropped off the other person in the carpool and then went home. I'll tell you this though, I'm glad I didn't just stick it out last night and wait for the driver of the carpool to head out. When she told us about it she had said a half hour. Well, she put in almost two hours in and not because she wanted to. She had to have "x" amount done before she could leave. I felt for her because that really fucking sucks but at the same time I'm glad I caught a different ride home. There would have been no way I could log that kind of overtime in and not seem to be padding hours.

When we got home and got settled in I called my father. He had called me a couple of weeks ago and told me about him needing back surgery and all that. So I promised him I'd stop by sometime soon. I was going to do it last weekend since I was going to be down there visiting my mom. But after thinking about it, it just seemed like way too much to pack into one Saturday. After all that was when my mom and I went bumming around and went clothes shopping.

I had called him last weekend and asked if this upcoming weekend would be okay. He said yes at the time, but my father doesn't have the best memory. So I told him I would call him sometime last this week and double check. So I called tonight. He says it's still a go and he'll be home all day so we can just stop in whenever. I told him I'd call before we headed out. That way he isn't running on an errand when we get down there. He seemed really excited about us coming down. Like I said, I think some things have kind of given him a reality check. Well, maybe not a full on bitch slap... but regardless he is reaching out more to my brother and I. He has always missed us when we don't come down but he was never so... what's the word... forward about it? I'm not sure if that's really what I want to say there but I don't want to stare at the cursor all night either. I just mean that he never really called to ask us to come down. He kind of just waited for us to do it unless it had been like three or four months. Now? He's called and he seems more excited over the phone about us being there soon.

I just hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment