February 28, 2012

My Head Hates Me

Last night a migraine started to hit me out of nowhere. It started off with random shooting pains on the right side of my head. That was fun. I would be fine and then a sudden sharp pain would shoot from behind my ear, along my skull and into my temple. That fucking hurts, let me tell ya. Master allowed me to stay up even as the migraine got worse. Sometimes it hits a point where I want to do nothing but lay in a dark room and hear and see nothing what so ever. Thankfully, last night it didn't get that bad. I just laid down on the couch cuddling a blanket with the couch pillows propping me up. I knew that if I tried to go to sleep right away I would just get more aggravated because I wouldn't be able to sleep. I don't know about you, but not being able to fall asleep because of pain pisses me off.

I popped some Advil and stayed on the couch until Master told me I had to go to bed. He had allowed me to stay up past my bedtime by a half hour so I knew I couldn't push it. Plus, He worries about my health and didn't want my migraine to get any worse. So He gave me a big hug, a kiss to my forehead and had me head off to the bedroom.

Lately I've taken to shutting the bedroom door when I go to bed. I used to leave it open all the time because really, why shut it? Well, I've discovered that if I shut the door I don't have that urge to just get up and go into the living room when I can't sleep.

I guess it's kind of like putting a cover on bird cage. It's dark. It's time to sleep. Fuck it.

I couldn't fall asleep right away unfortunately. But I just forced myself to stay in one position rather than tossing and turning and eventually I drifted off. I have no idea what time it was because I refused to look at the clock. Looking at the clock when I'm trying to fall asleep is another good way to irritate myself. What do you mean it's already 2:30am?! What the fuck?!

You get the point.

This morning I woke up and I still had a small headache but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a couple more Advil and coffee. I feel fine now. It's been quite some time since I've had a migraine. I've had some bad headaches, but trust me there is a huge difference between a bad headache and a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment