November 8, 2010

Venting

First, I want to start this post by stating that I am in no way, shape, or form upset with or mad at my Husband. This venting is not directed at Him at all.

Master was offered a job yesterday through a vendor that operates inside a business. He had to go down there today to fill out some paperwork and pick up His schedule.

I am not even close to exaggerating when I say that He had His schedule for the week, was told where to park, and was also told where to check in with security until He got His badge which would be in a couple of weeks. This shit was ready to go. Well part of the paper work was that the business that the vendor operates in does its own background check.

Yeah. Apparently they have to approve of anyone who works for any of their vendors. Weird.

So Master calls me and He tells me His schedule. I put it on my calender and we're trying to figure out how much gas He's going to need in the car, and how much He'll need for parking until my paycheck hits.

We've got it all sorted out.

Then the person who offered Him the job e-mails Him. Guess fucking what. The business that the vendor operates in states that He can not work there because He has two misdemeanors on His record. You wanna know how old they are? They are fucking fourteen years old. He has had nothing but a no seat belt ticket and an car accident on His record since. They are non-violent misdemeanors at that.

The lady who offered Him the job is pissed. Not at Master, but at the business because the offenses are so old, and because they are misdemeanors. He has no felony charges.

And I understand that a lot of people might read this and think, "Well He still did wrong, and that's what happens."

Well, I have a few things to say to that. First, you don't know the circumstances, and I'm not about to get into it here. Second, He has turned His life around. He is not the same person He was then, and He sure in the hell is not in those same circumstances.

My Husband is not a convict, and when people find out that He has two misdemeanors, that are 14 years old no less, and they start treating Him like He is one... it pisses me the fuck off. The lady who offered Sir the job told Him to call HR of the business and see if there was anything He could do or find out. So He did. And this fucking raggedy bitch treated Him like He was scum as soon as she got His paperwork out of her file cabinet. She told Him that they do not allow anyone with any kind of record, no matter how old, to work in that building. Well fuck you, you yuppie-uptight-silver-spooned-never-had-to-scrape-to-get-by-cum-dumpster-whore.

That's my man. And He is a damn good man. He tries to do right by His wife, His family, and Himself.

I don't understand. We do know someone who has a felony, and guess what.. she is a fucking nurse.

So let me get this straight... a felon can't vote and can't own a gun, but can get a job where people's lives hang in the balance. But my Husband can vote, can own a gun, and He can't work at this business where no one is bleeding to death?

So say what you will about how people who break the law deserve what they get. Most of the time I'd agree with you, but not until I knew the whole story. Circumstances and the severity of the offense matter a lot. Mostly the severity of the offense, in my eyes. I knew Master had two offenses on His record before I even started dating Him. He told me it happened, what the circumstances were, and that He wasn't doing anything like that anymore. And He hasn't. And I've been with Him for damn near 8 years, so I fucking know.

So now it's back to the application filling out, hurry up and wait game.

No comments:

Post a Comment