May 9, 2014

Ridiculous

Another night... Well... another morning actually. My sleep schedule, or lack there of, is bordering on the ridiculous right now. Last night I went to bed around 4:30am or so. Right now it is 5:13am and I haven't gone to bed yet. I know that once I get a job it will go back to normal. It will have to. But since I have no where to be and no where to go I'm pretty much just awake when I'm awake and asleep when I'm asleep. The only time that doesn't happen is if I have family to visit or I have a job interview. I actually have a job interview next Tuesday, so hopefully that will go well. And this Saturday I'll have to get up at a decent time because I promised my mother I would help her with some things she needs to take care of.

Master isn't imposing any sort of sleep schedule. There really isn't a need to. I don't know what the hell is up with this whole being awake all night shit. Master went to bed about two and a half hours ago. He told me it would be okay to stay up. I don't know why this is happening. I believe it is stress related. And even with everything going on stress wise, it's not like my thoughts are whirling around and keeping me up.

In fact, I have absolutely nothing on my mind at the moment. Not one damn thing. And yet here I sit, wide the fuck awake, typing a blog post about absolutely nothing in particular. But I don't really know what else to do right now. I'm hoping that after this post is done I'll be able to at least attempt to go to sleep. I know that if I went to bed right now I'd just lay there staring at the wall or the ceiling. That in turn makes me worry about waking Master up. He told me today that I was tossing and turning a lot last night. I apologized to Him. He said He wasn't upset about it or anything.

I'm glad He's not upset but at the same time it's not fair to Him. If He's noticing it to the point of commenting on it obviously it isn't just a once or twice type thing. Nope. Apparently I'm tossing and turning all night long. Or all morning long as the case may be.

I honestly don't think that setting a strict sleep schedule right now would help. If anything I think it would make it worse. I'd be in bed trying to fall asleep knowing that I have nothing to do the next day which will only frustrate me more. And with how much of a night owl I am normally, that will just make me irritable. It was problematic enough at times when I would have to go to bed on a Sunday night at a reasonable hour because I had to go to work on Monday. However, since I knew I had to go to work in the morning I could convince myself to just lay in one position until I drifted off to sleep.

I've been trying that little trick lately. I'll just lay as still as possible in one position in the hopes that I'll fall asleep, but it doesn't work. Then once I am asleep I am tossing and turning all night.

Right now I see the morning light coming through the blinds on our patio door. It's my turn to take the mutt out in the morning so I'll take him out to do his business before I go to bed. Other wise I'll be in bed for about an hour before he wakes me up.

I'm kind of wondering if the weather has anything to do with my being awake right now. All day today it was supposed to storm. Then the weather channel kept pushing it back and back and back. It's now 5:28am and nothing has happened except for a very light and brief drizzle. Sometimes when it feels like it's going to storm I'll get this charge to me. You know that pressure build up and charge that is in the air when it feels like a storm is on it's way? That has either one of two effects on me. Either I'll be lethargic all day long and will want to do nothing but sleep or I'll be charged all day and not be able to sleep. This time it is the latter.

I still don't feel tired. But I know that I should take the mutt out, take my pills, and then try to get some sleep. Other wise I might just stay up all day and crash as some time tomorrow afternoon and not be able to sleep tomorrow night either. *sigh* We shall see. I'll take the mutt out, take my pills, and then see how I feel after that.

2 comments:

  1. I know you've been stressed and the weather probably isn't helping, as you've said. Are you managing to actually get any exercise past taking the dog out, though? I wonder if some of the lack of sleep (and the moving when you do sleep) is just that your body isn't worn out the way it got used to when you're working. Even when you don't have an active job, getting up, leaving the house, staying upright all day, etc. is work on your body that you don't get at home. If the weather clears up even enough to be mostly dry (assuming you're past the point of actual snow on the ground), maybe it would be worth trying to take some extra walks even if it's cold and slightly damp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow has finally gone! It took long enough... lol We were waiting for it to get warmer out before going for walks with or without the dog. Thankfully it is nice out today so we'll be going for a walk. :) You may be right in regards to not enough exercise. I should start doing at least a little something each day. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete