May 8, 2014

Cuddle

The other day after finding out about Grandpa having to go to the nursing home and my brother went home I was very tired. I'm not sure why. I just was. Right before my brother left I had actually started to nod off a bit on the couch. I guess there was just too much going on in my head and as a result I was starting to shut down. I also didn't get a lot of sleep the night before.

After my brother left I asked Master if I could go take a nap. He allowed it and said He would wake me up in two hours. I went down to the bedroom, closed the door, climbed into bed, and got comfortable. I was laying there for a little bit and I wasn't about to cry or anything, I was just really down. Down and tired.

I keep some stuffed animals on top of our headboard. I like stuffed animals. I have a small collection of them. Some of them are kept in the closet because I don't want them getting ruined. Normally they just stay where I've put them and they are just there for the sake of being there.

However, I felt the need to cuddle with something. Obviously I couldn't cuddle with Master because I needed to crash and take a nap. He wasn't tired and as a result stayed in the living room. Usually in that situation I'll just move my pillow a certain way so that my head is still resting on it but I'll have my arms around it as well. That wasn't what I wanted though. On impulse I reached up and grabbed one of my frog stuffed animals and cuddled with it. After I was settled and I had the pillow just right, the blanket in the perfect position, and the stuffed animal cuddled up next to me I fell asleep rather quickly. 

At one point I woke up a little bit and looked at the clock. I had been asleep for about an hour. I had another hour before Master was going to come and wake me up. I propped myself up a little and put the frog stuffed animal back where it normally sits before I rolled back over and fell back asleep.

I know it may sound really stupid. I'm 31 years old and I still have stuffed animals, let alone still cuddle with them from time to time. *shrugs* But it helps.

When I was growing up I had a lot of stuffed animals. As the years went by I got rid of them all. But then one day, before we were married, Master and I went to a carnival and He won me a teddy bear. Master saw how much I loved it and from that point on He would get me a new stuffed animal every now and then. One of them is too large to cuddle with but I love it. It's a giant tiger.

I admittedly have gotten myself a couple as well. One of them my brother gave to me. He worked at an amusement park one summer and at the end of the season they were allowed to take some of the leftover ones home, so he gave me a Scooby Doo stuffed animal.

I don't know if it's some kind of coping mechanism or what... All I know is that it helps. I don't cuddle with my stuffed animals very often. I only really do it when I'm really, really not feeling well or I'm pretty upset. That day though I just was down and needed something to cuddle with.

4 comments:

  1. I'm about a year and a half younger than you are and I still have loads of stuffed animals. Some of them are gifts, but there are also ones I've bought for myself. I also semi-collect Eeyore stuffed animals. I still have a stuffed monkey that I was given when I was 3 that has been on almost every trip I've been on in my life. The one trip it missed was one where my carry-on bag got left in the house and it wasn't discovered as missing until we got to the airport 90 minutes away. (Amusingly, the monkey was not my comfort thing as a kid; I had a pink blanket that I loved to shreds until it completely disappeared at a friend's house when I was an adult. It wasn't anywhere near blanket shape at that point). I have another that was given to me by a significant other as something to sleep with when I couldn't sleep with them. I also, actually, use some to keep my body in better positions overnight. I have shoulder problems and if I don't have something/someone, I tend to do things that cause my shoulders to partially dislocate in my sleep. I don't have luck with using pillows to hold onto (I think it's a size thing; most pillows end up pushing my shoulders too far apart if I hold onto them) and sometimes a stuffed animal is actually better positioning than any person can be so I have been known to sleep with a significant other and still holding onto a stuffed animal.

    We're definitely not the only people I know around our age or old who still has a bunch of stuffed animals (and cuddles with at least one or two of them regularly). I think it's one of those things that more people do than will admit to doing so. I certainly don't think of it as anything to be ashamed of. (I've also been told by my Master, and others, that it's one of the things that makes me cute so I see it as having been a benefit in many of my relationships even though age play is not one of my kinks.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a giant stuffed raccoon that I had since birth. Unfortunately, it eventually had to be thrown out when I was about 21 or 22 years old. I had put it through a lot when I was younger so it was pretty beat up and the "fur" on top of it's head had worn away to almost nothing. I miss it.

      I think you may be right. I think more people (whether they be male or female) have stuffed animals and cuddle with them sometimes. I'm not really ashamed of it it's just that I didn't think a lot of people my age still do that, ya know?

      In regards to the age play I think that's another reason I don't really post about it/talk about it. That is not one of our kinks at all. The whole stuffed animal thing is just something that I find comforting and love. I don't see it as age play, and I guess I'm "afraid" someone would take it that way.

      Delete
  2. I just recently moved and parted with LOTS of stuffed animals I'd had since childhood (I'm 33 now). I kept my favorite and most sentimental ones, and I cuddle frequently with one that my fiancé got for me on our first vacation together 5 years ago. It's a manatee that we got at Sea World because manatees are one of my favorite animals. It has a spot next to our bed (on top of my cat's kitty condo where she sleeps) but when I go to bed earlier than my fiancé or when I'm sleeping alone because he's away, I have to have the manatee next to me. I also hug his pillow when he's not there. It's comforting and helps me sleep better =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'll steal Master's pillow if I go to bed first. But if I'm not feeling well or severely stressed out, that's when I'll grab a stuffed animal. There have been times where I really, really don't feel well and I sleep on the couch while Master is still awake and I'll have a stuffed animal with me. When I feel that bad sometimes I prefer to be near Him even if He is still up and in the living room, hence the couch.

      Delete