May 27, 2014

Damn You Uterus!

This post is absolutely pointless and I'm just making it for the sake of making it. Also, it's a TMI (Too Much Info) post. You have been warned. If you are a guy, you will most likely just want to skip it entirely. It's gross female stuff.

And with that said... Here we go...

I'm on the rag right now. It started yesterday and I'm really glad I caught it when I did. Master and I were sitting outside and I was wearing very light gray fabric pants. I was literally just walking back outside onto our little patio area from grabbing a soda but when I stood up I felt wet down there. Not a lot. Just a little bit. But I wanted to play it safe as I basically didn't know what color it was going to be.

It turns out it was a good idea I checked because sure enough it was bright red. *sigh*

My period has been kind of all over the place time wise for a few months now. This time it was a week later than what would be my "normal" schedule. And the odd thing about it is that two days ago I had actually been complaining to my mother about how much my period is pissing me off. It could be at any point in a two to three week time frame after the last one ended. I also told her that it hasn't been making sense in so far as how long it lasts.

Since I first started having my period at ten or eleven years old (I can't remember which at this exact moment) it has been three days. Well, technically four days. But the first day was just super, super light. Basically spotting. Then the following three days you would think it was a murder scene. Done. End of story.

Now? Pft.

Two months ago it lasted six fucking days. Six. It has never been that long. Ever. And it was one of those things where it went day by day during that six day time frame in regards to how heavy it was. One day would be super heavy and then the next there would be almost nothing at all and then bam! Heavy again.

Last month it lasted three days... Now I'm not really complaining about that part but it's just really weird. And even then two of the three days weren't all that bad. The third day was only very light spotting.

This is the second day for this one and my lower back is killing me. I've been tired all day and actually just woke up from a two hour nap. Damn you uterus!

Back to me complaining to my mother about it. She told me that I might be in the early stages of menopause. I looked at her like she was crazy. I'm only 31 years old. I know that she had gone into menopause super early. In fact she was 26 years old but that was because she had to have a full hysterectomy. As a result I figured that I wouldn't have to worry about it until my late 40's early 50's.

Apparently women in my family, at least on my mother's side, hit menopause earlier than most women.

I looked online for the signs of premature menopause and the only one I am experiencing is the fact that my periods are irregular and are lighter or heavier than normal at times. Aside from that I haven't had any other symptoms. I have not skipped a period at all. Trust me if I had I would have freaked right the hell out. I had my tubes fried about nine years ago and I know that tubal pregnancy is a highly unlikely scenario but is still possible. So if I were to miss my period that is honestly the first thing I would think and would be rushing to a doctor. Also, this has only been going on for two months. This one isn't over yet so I don't know if that is following the "pattern" of the past two.

Also, my mother is a hypochondriac to a degree. So I am kind of taking it with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong I'll keep an eye on it but since I am not experiencing anything outside of somewhat irregular periods I'm not really worried, it's just annoying as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment