May 27, 2014

Can't Sleep

I think taking that two hour nap was a bad idea. Now I can't fucking sleep. Master and I went to bed at 3:30am and He told me that if I couldn't sleep I could go online for a while. Well, I stayed in bed for a little over a hour and finally decided that I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon so I might as well go online for a bit so Master can get some rest. There is no need to keep Him up by my tossing and turning. I had taken the two hour nap because I wasn't feeling well. It helped and I'm feeling much better now, however I can't sleep. It is currently a little after 5am and nope. I'm yawning but I'm unable to crash just yet. This sucks. I don't want to be tired all day or end up taking another long nap and then not be able to sleep tomorrow night. *sigh*

My mother had called me earlier today. She was crying as soon as I answered the phone. My immediate thought was that Grandpa had passed away. But that wasn't the case. Mom's husband was being rushed to the hospital.

Apparently he was taking a shower and suddenly Mom heard some banging coming from the bathroom. She rushed in and her husband was laying in the tub. All the banging came from him falling in the tub and knocking all of the shampoo bottles and body wash bottles that were in there. He had passed out. So Mom quickly turned off the water and tried to wake him up. He remained passed out so she rushed and called 911. While she was on the phone her husband woke up and asked who she was on the phone with, as if nothing had happened.

She explained that he had fallen in the tub and had passed out. He said he didn't need to go to the hospital and Mom basically told him that yes he did and he was going whether he liked it or not.

Once the ambulance showed up and he was on his way out to the hospital Mom called me to let me know what was going on and that she was getting in the car to go to the hospital. She had called me first because she may want me to come down since she didn't know how long she would be there with him. I asked if she just wanted me to head down right then and there. She said no and that she would  give me updates later.

A couple of hours later she called me again. They weren't sure what had happened. They said that he may have had a small heart attack or a mild stroke. They were going to run a bunch of tests and admitted him to the hospital. She told me that she may need me to come down and stay the night at her house to hold the fort down and take care of the animals because she may stay at the hospital over night. I told her that wasn't a problem at all and to just let me know one way or the other. I tried to keep her as calm as possible.

She got off the phone with me and I waited for the phone to ring again. A another couple of hours go by and she said that she was at home. The doctors had told her that it would probably be best if she didn't stay the night but that it was up to her. Eventually she decided that she wouldn't stay the night at the hospital for two reasons. First, because the doctors had advised against it and second because they were only going to give her a recliner to sleep in rather than a bed. Well, my mom can't sleep like that as she has a lot of back and joint pain. She has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis.

Regardless of the fact that she was going to be home all night I again asked if she wanted me to come down and spend the night, figuring she may like the company. But she said she would rather be alone. I understood and told her to just call if she needed anything.

I haven't heard from her since then. She said she would give me an update in the morning at some point. I hope that he gets to go home soon. I'm thinking that once all the tests are ran they will most likely discharge him since he has really sucky insurance and as a result they won't keep him any longer than they have to. I think the only reason they kept him overnight is because he has a family history that involves both heart attacks and strokes.

I feel really bad for my mom. I can't imagine what she is going through right now.

The only thing is that my brother is coming up tomorrow and we are supposed to go to the movies to see Godzilla. I'm hoping that we can still proceed with that and that we don't get a phone call in the middle of it. That may sound a little harsh but in my mind that also basically means that everything is okay. If anything, depending on the update I get from Mom, I'll just suggest that we take two cars to the movie theater because then I can just leave and allow Master and my brother to finish watching the movie without having to worry about a ride home. After all there isn't anything they'll be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment