May 22, 2014

Good News & Bad News

Let's get the bad news out of the way first. I had an interview last week and I had thought it went well. This past Tuesday was a full week after having the interview. As a result I sent a very professional yet friendly e-mail inquiring as to whether or not there was still an interest in me for the position. I haven't received a response yet. Even if I am not being considered any longer it would have been nice of them to at least respond to the e-mail. I may be wrong and they are still interested but haven't yet made a full decision. *shrugs* Either way a response would have been appreciated. Yes, it's only Thursday but waiting two days, to me, is rude to not respond even if it is just saying that they are still in the decision process. Hell even a "Thanks but no thanks" would have been nice. Oh well. I haven't completely given up on it. They may surprise me but at the same time I'm thinking to myself that I won't be getting the job due to the fact that they haven't responded at all.

Now on to the good news!

I had applied for a 911 telecommuter position that was listed in my home town back in the middle of March. I know it is a very long and drawn out process and I can totally understand why. I mean this is some serious shit.

I had been selected to move forward with the process and as a result had taken a data entry test three weeks ago. At the beginning of the following week I was told that I had passed and again was selected to move forward. I was then advised that they would be sending me an e-mail within the next two weeks providing me details about the next step.

I got that e-mail today! It is basically a mock call center test. I had worked in a call center before and while it was nowhere near this kind of work I think that experience will help me, at least a little bit. The e-mail provided me with a link to schedule the next test. Master told me to just select the earliest date and time possible. So I did. The test is on Thursday, June 5th. Apparently the test will take about two and a half hours.

The e-mail also stated that I need to print off the e-mail itself as well as the two attachments. One of the attachments I actually need to study. There are rules that I have to memorize that will assist me with the test itself. The other attachment is something for me to study and quiz myself on the possible scenarios. Master said He will help me study. *smiles*

We don't have a printer so I called up my mother and asked if I could come down to her place and print everything off there. She said that wouldn't be a problem at all. I'll be going down there this Saturday. That actually works out perfectly because that is also my youngest nephew's birthday. Two birds with one stone and all that.

I'm very excited about the upcoming test and actually studying for the test. I know that may sound dumb... Being excited about studying. *laughs* But it will bring me one step closer to the possibility of getting the job. While the hours would absolutely suck and it would be a highly stressful job, it will also pay well and it would be a more solid job rather than working for a normal company since I would be working for the county itself.

I'm hoping that after this, if I pass, the process will speed up a little. The sooner I can get a job the better. I'll still be applying to jobs in the mean time, obviously. But that doesn't mean I can't hope I get this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment