May 10, 2014

Collections

I have attempted collecting things over the years. I have a small collection of wolf figurines/statues but that's really the only thing that has a theme to it. And even with that there aren't many wolf figurines or statues that I think actually look good. So that collection is pretty much how it's going to stay. I also have a small collection of stuffed animals, but they are a range of different animals. I had a medium sized collection of porcelain dolls and porcelain masks when I was a preteen.

As I said I've attempted collecting things over the years. And sometimes Master picks on me about it because I'll have a collection for a short period of time and then get tired of it or just completely lose interest and then I get rid of it. So I had pretty much given up on having any kind of collection.

But today I was browsing the web and came across something that I thought was awesome. Master thinks it's stupid and picked on me about it. *laughs* Hey, we can't agree on everything.


It caught my eye because my nickname from my parents is Monkey. I also love skulls/skeletons/etc. Hell, my dad gave us a skeleton couple sitting on a bench that says "Love Never Dies". It's awesome. Master loves it too. I only found the picture online so I looked into a bit more and apparently there is an entire line of figurines. They are called Furrybones. They have all kinds and I think they're pretty cute. I mentioned to Master how I wouldn't mind collecting them. He rolled His eyes. Like I said He doesn't care from them. Does that mean He would forbid me from buying them? No. I hardly ever spend money on myself so I think He's a little surprised that I'm even considering it. They aren't terribly expensive either. In fact, to me, they are pretty cheap as far as prices go.

Obviously since I don't have a job right now I am not going to buy them. But I bookmarked the site and will wait to see, when we have money, if I still find them interesting enough to buy any. I don't know why but I wanted to do a post about it. Most likely because Master was picking on me about never keeping a collection going. He's right. It's not like I can say He's making that part up. But honestly part of the reason I've never really kept up on a collection is because I don't spend money on myself. I always wanted to spend it on Him. But since these aren't all that expensive I don't think I'd have as much of a problem with it. Buy one or two here and there and slowly but surely it would grow into a collection.

The other cool thing is that it's not restricted to just figurines. They have stuffed animals, water globes, coffee mugs, etc all in the same theme. As a result I wouldn't have to just have figurines to call it a collection.

Maybe when I get a job and have a couple of paychecks under my belt I'll buy one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment