May 12, 2014

First, Second, & Third

So... lets see here. There are few things I could touch on for an update I guess. They are kind of all over the place though so stay with me... or skip this post... whichever. *laughs*

First, I have found out that my medication doesn't give me that double vision aftereffect anymore. Well, at least as far as I can tell. It use to be where 15 minutes after taking it I would be walking around like I was drunk and would have double vision. That's why I take it at night. That way I can pass out before that happens. But I've taken it at the usual time about five times now and stayed up a good three hours later than that because I couldn't sleep but none of that happened. I'm still going to take it at night though. That's when my body is use to taking it, so that's what I'll stick with. I don't want to push it too much just in case those were flukes.

Second, Grandpa had to be moved to the nursing home early. He knows that he's not supposed to walk on his own, but he did it anyway and ended up falling down and cutting his arm. The nurse talked to him about it and he claims it never happened. She pointed out the cut and he still denied having fallen or trying to walk on his own. As a result, they moved him early so they could keep a closer eye on him.

Third, I have a job interview tomorrow. It is a bit far from home, but not as far as my last job was. Plus we want to move to that area anyway, so if I got the job it would actually work out in our favor once we get our happy asses down there. I had a phone interview with them a few weeks ago and they had quoted a pay range that is too low in order to make sense for driving that far. So I basically told them the minimum I would need. They then requested my references and so I shot that to them via e-mail. Since they called asking to schedule a face to face interview I would assume that they are okay with the pay range I countered with. I'll be bringing that up in the interview tomorrow though. I know some people say that's a bad idea but I can't take the pay they want and still make sense for that drive. I know I just said that we want to move down there, however until we do I need to keep gas for the car in mind.

I also received an e-mail regarding my test scores for the 911 job stating that I had passed and they want me to move forward with their process. I should receive more information on that in about a week. So at least I have that going for me too.

The only thing is I know the 911 job would pay more, so if I get offered the job I have an interview at tomorrow I don't know whether or not I should move forward with the long process for the 911 job. I think it would depend on what time(s) the appointments would be since I would not be willing to risk a job I just got by taking time off to take the tests. That makes no sense. *shrugs* We'll see. I'm putting the cart before the horse on that anyway. I'm just one of those people who like to have an idea of where I'm going to jump if x, y, or z take place.

The interview isn't until 3pm tomorrow, but after that we plan on visiting my father for a while. As a result Master is driving me to the interview so we can just head down to my dad's right away. Hopefully the interview will go really well and they'll be willing to pay me what I countered with.

2 comments:

  1. goodluck with your interview! I hope you get a job you like that serves you well, you deserve it kitten! are you excite about moving house? Will it be an apartment that your looking at or a house house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very excited about moving. Unfortunately it's not going to happen until after I get a job and we are able to get on our feet and then start saving up for it. We are looking to rent, although we would prefer to rent a house or a duplex, it will all depend on what we can afford.

      Delete