June 5, 2013

Stress? What Stress?

Sometimes I just need a small gentle push for my mood to change. I'm not referring to my being bipolar. I'm talking about normal day to day bullshit that absolutely everyone, who isn't independently wealthy, deals with. The stresses of work, of traffic, of just general fucking bullshit. Today I was experiencing more of those as usual and as a result I got ticked off and stressed the fuck out.

I got a hold of Master on my lunch break and He calmed me down. He let me do a quick rant and then in a very calm way told me it was okay. That shit happens. That there is no use in stressing out about shit that is out of my control.

It's amazing how many times He has told me those exact words in the past decade. And yet, in the heat of the moment, I always forget them. It doesn't help that I'm one of those "worst case scenario" people. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.

I'm not that way all the time. But when stress starts to weigh down on me, yeah.. my mind goes there. Fun for me!

I was able to calm down. It was a lot better when I got home and got a nice long hug from Master.

It looks like next week is going to be a lot like last week. My supervisor approved me for 7.5 hours of overtime. *wide eyed* So it looks like I'll be getting there early as fuck all week. I'm going to tell the passenger in my carpool on Friday. Whether or not he decides to ride to work with me.. well... that's his problem.

I'm really glad that the weekend isn't that far off anymore. We are going to go down to see my dad on Friday. Other than that I have no idea what we're doing this weekend. I do know that there are few odds and ends we have to pick up that and go grocery shopping but other than that.. no clue.

Master gave me a nice long back massage tonight while we watched Fright Night. And now I'm just doing my blog post and listening to a couple of songs on the computer with my ear buds. Music is a great escape. A mental mini vacation.

I really don't know how I would get along without Master. He always calms me down when I need it. He doesn't just pick me up when I fall... He catches me when I'm about to.

2 comments: