June 18, 2013

Power Down

I am not a morning person. At all. Not even a little bit. I'm not super bitch when I wake up or anything along those lines. I just hate early morning. Every time I get up and realize what time it is I just want to plop back on the bed and bury myself under the comforter.

Normally, I do not wake up unless the alarm goes off or the dog gets me up. On the weekends, if I have somewhere to be before mid afternoon I make sure I set an alarm so I'm up and ready to go by the time what is going on comes around. There have been times where I have slept until noon or almost 1pm on the weekends. Those days happen when my body just shuts itself off to recharge from week of hell and it's not my turn to take the dog in the morning.It can also happen if I've been sick. Trust me, if Master didn't think I needed it He wouldn't allow me to sleep that late. But since there is no alarm, the dog hasn't gotten me up, and Master is allowing it.. I just sleep and sleep some more.

As a result, during the work week I don't normally get up until my alarm goes off. In fact there are plenty of times where the alarm will startle me awake because I was sleeping that deeply.

But lately.. I've been waking up before my alarm goes off. A good half hour to a hour before the alarm goes off. And it's honestly pissing me off. I'm not use to it and I don't know why it's happening. It's even happening on the days where I'm going to work an hour early. What the hell brain?

It happened again this morning in fact. My alarm was set for 6:30am. That gives me about 20 minutes to get ready in the morning and that's really all I need. But.. rather than sleeping until the alarm went off I woke up at 5:40am. *sigh*

I didn't get out of bed though. Fuck that noise. So I stayed in bed, next to Master, and just did that whole half sleep thing. You know, where you're not awake but can hear noises and sense movement. I finally did climb out of bed at 6:15am. Only fifteen minutes early rather than damn near an hour.

The other fucked up part of it is the fact that I'm not tired by the time my normal bed time hits. I'm wide awake and don't want to go to bed. You would think I would be exhausted from waking up on and off all night and then waking up before the alarm. But nope. Wide awake.

Like I said, I have no idea why it happens. I don't know if anything is causing it and if so what the hell it would be. I'm just chalking it all up to stress and my brain not being able to shut down all the way. Sounds like as good of an excuse/reason as any.


No comments:

Post a Comment