June 26, 2013

Hello, I Love You....

I am not talented when it comes to music. I don't know how to play an instrument. I sure in the hell cannot sing. Obviously, that doesn't stop me from trying when I'm by myself or it's just Master and I in the car. But, who doesn't do that? I mean come on now.

A lot of people seem to think that I have an odd taste in music for my age. I'm into rock, hard rock, heavy metal. Okay, so no real big surprise there. Although it does seem like a lot of people my age prefer more rap and boy band shit. *shudders* Anyway, the genre isn't really the surprising part. It's the fact that I prefer a lot of bands that have been around since before I was born or became famous around the same time as I was born. My dad listened to all of it and I love it.

I don't like grunge rock. I don't like punk rock either. I love some newer/newish bands. Disturbed being a prime example. They aren't really new, but they also aren't as old as the bands I'm referring to.

"So shut up and start naming bands damn it!"

Oh. Right. Sorry...

I love Alice Cooper, KISS, The Doors, Ted Nugent. Well, I like Ted Nugent musically... he's gone more and more guano over the years.(King Diamond is another rocking singer... not really along the same vein though and I didn't know about him until after I met Master.)

Basically the bands that were huge in the 70's and 80's. I'm 30 years old. So yeah, that doesn't make a shit ton of sense since my entire teenage years were in the 90's. And normally that's when people find the music they love and it's normally popular when they are that age.

Not me. My friends were listening to New Kids On The Block and Back Street Boys, which I had to suffer through. But then I'd pop in a one of my tapes or CDs and watch them squirm. *laughs*

One thing that I've always loved though is when people find out that I love those kinds of bands and they ask me whether I'm a Pink Floyd fan or Led Zeppelin. It's almost like you can't be a fan of both... The way they put that question. And yes, I've been asked this more than once. Now, while I do like both bands I prefer Led Zeppelin. However, my answer is always The Doors. I've always thought they were better than both Floyd and Led. That answer pisses a lot of people off though, which is funny.

I had a Doors song stuck in my head all fucking day, which is actually what prompted this post.

1 comment: