June 17, 2013

Birthday

Today is Master's birthday. I had originally scheduled off for today but due to things that happened last week I had switched it to Friday. I had checked with Him several times to make sure He wasn't upset about it. He assured me that He was not.

But today, on my way to work I felt guilty. I had taken His birthday off so I could spend it with Him. I know I have to go to work and I know not everything goes the way you want it to. That didn't stop me from feeling guilty though. I couldn't have taken the entire day off as I am now officially out of vacation days. However... I do still have personal time. As a result I decided I would just leave early today. I may not be able to spend the entire day with Him but at least I could spend more time with Him than I normally would on a Monday.

I told the passenger in my carpool and he said he'd figure out a different way home. Now, all that was left was figuring out what time I should leave. I didn't want to leave extra early but I didn't want to only get an extra hour with Him either.

So I left at noon. That gives me four extra hours with Him. He seemed really happy that I had come home early to spend more time with Him on His birthday. I honestly think it meant quite a bit to Him. We did some really super fast grocery shopping and then sat outside for a while just talking, joking around, and laughing a lot.

I had given Him His birthday present during the weekend. (It's a video game.)

While we didn't do a lot with the extra time it was still really nice and I am so glad that I came home to be with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment