June 2, 2013

Nice Slow Walk

You know, it's kind of weird. Master and I get a lot of time together, in all honesty. I mean we see each other every night after work and we see each other every weekend for, normally, the entire day. Lately a lot of that weekend time has been eaten up with family stuff. I'm honestly not complaining. It's just that as a result, we have time together but we don't really do a lot with it.

Normally by the weekend Master and I are just wanting to laze about the apartment unless we go visit family. It doesn't help that the weather hasn't been the greatest lately either, so we haven't even really been able to go sit on our porch.

Today though we decided fuck it, let's go for a longer walk with the mutt. It wasn't nice enough to hop in the car and go to the park for it or go down by the lake. It was actually somewhat cool out. So instead, we just went for a normal walk around where we live.

We took turns handling the leash. My turn wasn't all that long honestly. But it didn't matter. We got to talk and just enjoy walking with our dog while we did so. I mean, we can easily talk in the apartment, but this way we get out of the apartment and get some exercise while we do so.

At the point where we decided to turn around there was a small grouping of mom and pop shops. Nice small family owned businesses. In that small grouping was a mom and pop ran cafe. We obviously couldn't stop in with the dog but man did the food smell good. So Master and I decided that one day when it's nicer out we'll walk down there without the dog and eat there.

We could easily just take the car, but a nice slow walk together before and after will be nice.

Our walk today was nice. I really enjoyed it.

Right before I hopped on the computer to do my blog post I suggested we look into movies that would be playing this weekend. I looked them up and honestly there is nothing playing that we are willing to pay to go see rather than just waiting for it to go to Netflix.

Yes, we want a date night but there is no fun in it if it's not something we really want to see. I guess those plans will have to wait. Although we found out that Riddick is coming out in September so we will be going to the movie theater to see that.

I guess we'll have to figure out something else for date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment