June 11, 2013

Paid To Be Wrong

Apparently tomorrow is supposed to be rather interesting weather wise. There is a huge storm front moving up towards us. They are saying that over a large area there could be hail, strong storms, flash floods, and yes... even tornadoes. Sounds fun doesn't it?

I highly doubt we'll get tornadoes here. Strong storms and flash flooding? That I'll believe. It's happened before and will happen again. The greatest thing about it? *Please note sarcasm.* The greatest thing is that it looks like the storms will be going most of the day but will be the worst on my way to work and on my way home. Figures, doesn't it? Yes, yes it does.

Then again we've been told to watch our asses weather wise before and it's been a perfectly sunny day with maybe some strong winds. And then of course there are other times where it sounds like it'll be perfect out and all hell breaks loose. I should have become a weather person. I want to be able to lie my ass off and be wrong all the time but still get paid.

I told Master about it and He told me to watch my ass on the road. My response was to try and reassure Him by telling Him I would be fine.

"Famous last words..," was His response. I laughed and asked Him if this is where He starts screaming at me on the TV and telling me not to go into that room. (Horror movie humor. Gotta love it.) He laughed too.

I will say that if it seems way too nasty out I won't be leaving as early as I have been and, if absolutely necessary, I will wake Master up and ask Him to take me to work. I highly doubt it'll come to that. But it's our standing agreement. If I don't feel safe driving to work then I am to wake Him up and have Him take me in.

I'm honestly not worried about it. It was just the only thing that I had to blog about today.

4 comments:

  1. I heard bad weather in North Carolina tomorrow afternoon and evening. Most of the time it amounts to nothing more than rain and wind for us. Seems we live in a "chicken little" world now. What state do you live in, if you don't mind me asking that type of question.
    SirMike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Master and I live in Wisconsin. Basically all we got was some strong as hell mini storms. Bursts here and there. But that's it so far and it's already 8:30pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well so much for them being wrong...lol. Lost power on Thursday and it was restored on Sat. afternoon. House full of kids and grand kids for the duration. short storm with heavy winds and some rain. Falling trees taking down power lines. Oh well, glad we all get along...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It missed us for the most part. I'm sorry you were out of power for so long. :(

    ReplyDelete