June 3, 2013

Small Rant

Today I woke up with a small headache at the base of my neck. Okay, whatever. I'll just pop a couple of aspirin and it'll go away before lunch. Apparently, I was wrong about that though.

As soon as I got under those damn florescent lights my headache got worse. It was no longer just at the back of my neck. It was wrapping around to my temples like a vice grip. This also caused my eyes to hurt. And when the migraine gets to that point my eyes become light sensitive. And I sit right below a string of those fucking florescent lights. I was started to consider going home. I was starting to feel a little sick to my stomach from the pain in my head. But I pushed it off. Maybe I'll feel better after my lunch break. I can go outside and get out from under those lights. Plus, I could wear my sunglasses. Not to mention some fresh air might help.

But it didn't take long into my lunch break for me to realize that the aspirin wasn't kicking in at all. Never mind I had already popped more shortly into getting to work. The fresh air felt good and my eyes didn't hurt nearly as much being outside with sunglasses. But that ick feeling in my stomach wasn't going away and the throbbing in my head wasn't slacking off either.

I tried to call Master but He didn't pick up. So I sent him a text message to let Him know how I was feeling and that I would be leaving early. I didn't even ask the passenger in my carpool whether or not he wanted to leave. I just simply sent him an e-mail saying that I was leaving two hours early and if he wanted to I would still drop him off.

Normally I ask him and base my decision on that. Why? Well, gas money is a large part of it. If I don't give him the ride then I don't get part of that gas money, obviously. The other part is because I am trying to be a nice person so he doesn't have to scramble to find a different way home.

But honestly, I am getting sick of the whole carpool bullshit. I hate having to work around his schedule/preferences. For instance, if I want to/need to go into work early I have to hold back because he doesn't want to leave that early. That's when the whole, well I need the gas money thing comes into play.

I have talked to both my mom and Master about it and they both understand that I need the gas money but they also see how frustrated I'm getting now that I'm swamped and am staying swamped. I don't know. It's not really feasible to drop him yet simply because gas is so expensive. I could try to find a way to make sure I can cover what he would normally give me, but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I dropped him off and then dropped off our rent check since it was on the way home. By the time I got home I just felt shitty as hell. Master asked me what I wanted to do and I said I didn't really care. I think He had a feeling that I would pass out at some point so He just started playing His video game. I wrapped myself in my throw blanket to get comfortable and then the dog and I both took a long nap on the couch. It's a good thing we can both fit on it. It helps that I'm petite as he is a pretty big dog.

Master woke me up right before He started cooking dinner. It felt a lot better, especially after I ate. My headache is gone now. There is still tension in my neck and shoulders. That's part of my problem is that if I feel pain in one area of my body it doesn't take long for it to settle in my "usual" areas. That would be my neck, shoulders and lower back.

No comments:

Post a Comment