June 21, 2012

Side Effect

Being manic can have it's draw backs. Last night I experienced one. We were sitting outside having a good time with our neighbors and we came in a little late. I was still wide awake when I did my post last night. I started to feel myself wind down and Master wanted me to get some sleep anyway since I had to drive in the morning to go to work.

Well, I was in bed a little before midnight. It was almost 2am by the time I drifted off. I didn't get out of bed. It was tempting, but I knew if I did that I would never get any sleep and Master would have told me to go right back to bed anyway.

The problem was that it didn't really feel like sleeping. It was more that half asleep half awake feeling. I woke up many times as the night went on. I remember Master coming to bed and I remember tossing and turning. I also remember just laying there with my eyes closed but feeling like I couldn't get comfortable. I didn't want to move though.

I thought that if I moved I would just wake up more. At about 5am I looked at the clock. My alarm was going to go off in about an hour and a half. I sighed and looked over at Master. I like watching Him sleep. I know that He knew I wasn't sleeping well. He would roll over and put His arm around me when I would mumble and try to get comfortable again. Having Him next to me always makes me feel better. I would fall asleep for a little while when I felt His arm go around me.

But when I looked at the clock when it hit 5am I basically just laid there until my alarm went off. I dozed on and off but never fell fully asleep.

The alarm went off. I got up and got ready for work. I took the dog out and left Master my morning note. In the note I told Him that I hadn't sleep well but that I was okay to drive.

Surprisingly I'm not tired. That may change as the night goes on but right now I'm okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment