June 22, 2012

Perfection

You know how when you're in a relationship for a long time you start to think that what you, as a couple, do and how you are with one another is the norm? For a change, I'm not talking about kink. I'm just talking about how you are as a couple. I hope this makes sense.

Well, Master and I have been together for nine years. It's actually hard to believe that we'll be hitting a whole decade in March. So yeah, how we interact seems absolutely normal. Although I know that it isn't. At least it isn't when compared to the people in relationships that we know. It's a small group, but still.

I know we're different from the relationships my family members are in or the relationships His family members are in. But since we have friends now.... which is still kind of weird... it's becoming more and more apparent that we aren't the norm.

One night while we were sitting around outside Master had to go inside to take the dog out. While He was doing that I was talking to Angela. She told me that we are the perfect couple. *blinks* I told her that we're perfect for each other.

She agreed but also repeated herself. I asked her what she meant. She told me that we seem to be more than just a typical married couple. When she said that I started running things through my head to see if anything we had done had tipped her off to the kinky side of things. Nope. That wasn't where she was going with it at all.

She told me how Master is constantly talking about me if I'm not there, and it's all good things. He never complains about me. He never has a bad thing to say about me. She told me that there should be more men like Him. I readily agreed.

About this time is when Master came back. He asked what we were talking about and she told Him. Master just sat down and said that we're more than just Husband and wife. He told her that I am His best friend, His mate and His lover. She said that she wished more couples could be friends as well as in a relationship together because she feels it's so important. We agreed. We told her that we wouldn't have lasted as long as we have without that key element. If you can't be best friends with the one you are with.... doesn't that mean that you can't talk to them like you would talk to a best friend? Wouldn't that mean that you can't sit down and confide everything to your significant other? That's how I see it.

Master and I have had past relationships where that was exactly the case. Now, I was only 20 when I met Him so to be perfectly honest all of my other relationships were small junior high and high school stuff. Except my last ex. That started when I was 15 and ended when I was 20. But that relationship was bad enough that I knew when I was 20 that I never wanted to experience that kind of relationship again. I didn't want to wake up and go, "Why the hell are you still breathing?" I didn't want to not be able to talk about things that I would talk to my good friends about.

I was very lucky. I found the man I needed, the man I wanted, the man that completes me very, very young. Master was almost 28 when I met Him. He had experienced several relationships like I've mentioned above. In fact in both of our cases this is the first relationship where we have been able to talk about absolutely anything and everything.

As I've said, we're lucky to have found one another. Yes, like any relationship and friendship we've had our ups and downs. But the ups so far out weigh the downs it borders on the ridiculous side of things.

Are we perfect? No. Are we perfect for one another? Absolutely.

Are we normal? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

It opens your eyes a bit wider. It makes you appreciate what you have more than you did. We don't take each other for granted. You can't if you want things to be healthy in your relationship. In my mind once you start taking each other for granted the respect isn't there as much as it used to be until eventually it's not there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment