June 13, 2012

Proud Of Myself

Okay, I know I said I don't want to post about work all that much.... but I'm rather proud of myself. So I'm going to post about it.

You know how I was complaining that my review hadn't been done yet? Well, apparently complaining on my blog has special powers or something because I actually got my review the very next day. Yep. I had my review yesterday.

I came into work yesterday to an e-mail stating that my review would be done at 9:30am. Rock on! I don't know why but I always get nervous right before my review. It's not that I'm really worried, just nervous. I just want to know what my supervisor has to say and of course, what my raise is.

So I wait until 9:30am and then go down to the HR office. But apparently my supervisor was catching up on other people's reviews as well. Might as well get it done all at once right? They were still in there with someone else from my department. I figured it would be long so I hung outside the HR office and talked with the HR assistant for a while. My supervisor came in about ten minutes later. But after the supervisor is gone that's when HR talks to you as well and then lets you know what your raise is.

I'm not even close to kidding when I say another hour went by before they were done with her review. I had went back to my desk on and off, checking back in at the HR office to see if they were done. Well, as I said about an hour later I just so happened to walk back to the HR office to see if they were done yet and right as I got close to the door the other person from my department stormed out. Her face was red and she looked livid. Um, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say her review didn't go well. She obviously still works there but... yeah.

That made me a little more nervous. Why? I'm not entirely sure. The HR director asked me to give her and my supervisor about fifteen more minutes so they could talk about the previous review. I of course said that wasn't a problem and went back to my desk. Fifteen minutes go by and I come back. I only waited for a few more minutes and they opened the door.

I came in and sat down next to my supervisor. He pulled out his paperwork from my file. He is very pleased with my work and how I've handled all the changes that have been made since December. I'm really glad he brought that up because damn there have been some hard changes. The only complaint he had was that I had gone over my personal time by three hours. Considering that was his one and only complaint, I'm pretty damn happy. And apparently a client of ours had actually sent an e-mail to my supervisor complimenting me and my work. That was news to me and a feather in my cap if I do say so myself.

I was very pleased with my review. Then it came time for him to leave the room so the HR director and I could talk. I stood up, shook his hand and thanked him. We are very laid back where I work but when it comes to review time I feel a handshake is good manners. I don't know why I think that, but I do.

So he left the room and then it was just the HR director and myself. She had no complaints what so ever and complimented me on my work and stated that I am a benefit to my department and the company itself. Awesome.

Then it came down to money. Yep, I was about to find out what my raise was. I was expecting the standard 3% raise because that's what I've gotten the entire time I've been there. And I've had several reviews.

First was my original 90 days with the company. Then came my one year review. Shortly after that I transferred to the department I'm in now. Because of the transfer I got another 90 day review. Then came my 2 year review. All of those had a 3% bump to my pay.

But not this time. This time I got a 4% raised due to the comments from my supervisor, a client compliment and comments from other coworkers. I know it's only 1% higher than usual but that's hard to pull off.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's great news and you certainly deserve to feel proud! =)

    ReplyDelete