June 7, 2012

Puzzle Pieces

I'm pretty sure I've done posts like this in the past, but I don't believe I've done one recently. For some reason this was bouncing around in my head last night while I was waiting to drift off to sleep, so I thought I would blog about it.

Master and I have been in this dynamic for most of our relationship, in one form or another. We've been together for nine years now. I know that a lot of people would probably say we jumped into it too soon, that we didn't know one another well enough to really trust the other with that kind of dynamic.

But, and I know this sound corny as hell, we trusted one another almost immediately. It wasn't anything that was talked about, it just happened that way. There seemed to be some unspoken understanding. Plus, at first it was just kinky sex. But it didn't take very long before I had a collar on my neck and He was in charge. In the beginning of that control exchange we didn't live together. When He came over He was in control. When He wasn't visiting I had a list of things I was to do and the rest of the time was my own.

Of course moving in together is a big step in any relationship. We were about two and a half years into the relationship when I moved up here to live with Him.

So needless to say that over the past nine years the power exchange and everything that comes with it seems rather normal.

I don't think we could really function very well as a "vanilla" couple. It's been too long for one thing. We may say we'd drop the dynamic but it would sneak right back in as I would always be looking to Him and He would always be Alpha.

I know that one day, as we grow old together, some of the kinkier things may slack off due to the fact that we get old or whatever. But Him being the Alpha will never change. I just don't think it's possible.

I don't even know how well either of us would function in any vanilla relationship. Gods forbid something happened and we went our separate ways... It just wouldn't work. Almost a decade of Him being in charge and me submitting... yeah. It's pretty much hard wired. I know we react to one another that way instinctively. It's basically on a primal level. So going into a relationship where I didn't have that kind of structure would be fucked up. Him going into a relationship where He isn't in charge... yeah I don't see that happening. I'm not saying we're going to go our separate ways, it's just a thought. Well, more like a fact really. We just wouldn't be ourselves.

Hell, we wouldn't be ourselves without one another. I know that sounds weird but we have this odd symbiotic thing going in a way. We can't even really be our true selves around other people. We always have to hide something. Whether it be our dynamic or our actual thoughts. We've shared so much... We're in deep. I don't want to ever climb out of it. I love where we are. I love the fact that we interact the way that we do. I'm comfortable. I'm happy. I'm perfectly fine right where I am. Hell, I'm more than fine where I am. I'm where I belong. He is where He belongs.

We belong with one another. We're two very weird people that just so happen to fit each other like two puzzle pieces. We're cut from the same cloth even though there is an eight year age difference between us. It's rare that two people who are that much alike and fit so well together find one another. We're lucky and I know that. I try not to take it for granted and I know He tries not to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment