June 14, 2012

Monster-In-Law

It only takes one small thing sometimes to completely ruin and evening.

When I got home from work we popped our heads outside to go sit around and talk with our neighbors. We had a great time. The conversations were all over the place and we couldn't stop laughing. It helped me relax, which I needed.

Time flew by and before I knew it, it was almost 9pm.We still hadn't had dinner so I excused myself and told Master that I would make a Taco Bell run. It took a little longer than I expected. Apparently at 9pm everyone and their mom wants Taco Bell.

When I got home Master was still sitting outside. He heard me lock the car so He came in with me. Since it was already a little after 9pm I took the dog out and Master took care of the bunnies. While I was outside Master had hopped on the computer and checked His e-mail. And that was apparently not a good thing.

His mother has been trying to set up a visit for us to come down to her place. Lately rather than calling she'll send Him an e-mail. Master's birthday is on Sunday and she wanted to get together then. We already loathe going over there because we're never sure which way it's going to go. It could be okay... or it could be hell.

Master didn't want to deal with her on His actual birthday so He delayed it to next weekend. I think that is what flipped her bitch switch. Everything has to be on her terms. Everything. If she doesn't get her way for whatever reason she starts her little pokes and prods and just keeps going and going.

But she tries to pull it off so it seems like she's not poking the bear so to speak. It doesn't work. We see right through her bullshit. And no, we're not reading between the lines trying to find some flaw in what she said/wrote. We just know how she is. Always a back handed compliment or she'll just talk down to Him and then when we try to call her on it she'll say she's just trying to help and she has no idea why we took it that way.

Um, because it's fucking apparent.

That's all it took. That one last poke and that put both Master and I in a bad mood. Master more so. She's been doing this to Him all His life and I've only been putting up with it since I've been with Master. It's still enough to make me want to cuss her out and bitch slap her. I want to just walk up to her and tell her how horrible of a person she can be and she can't treat myself or Master that way. She has no right... you get the picture.

But the minute we start going that route she'll look at us point blank and say, "I never said that."

She'll then get upset and go the "I can't believe you thought I would say something like that!" And then comes the pity party. She's always the victim don't ya know. She is never ever wrong in her eyes. Oh, and I imagine that would include the time where right before we got married she sent Him an e-mail telling Him to "be careful" because I'm eight years younger than Him and I might just up and leave one day because of the age difference.

Right....

I told Master that I have half a mind to just write her myself and tell her we're not coming at all. But I know we'll never hear the end of it and we'll be the bad guys, once again.

We don't cut her out of our lives because.... well.... we just don't. I know Master has wanted to. But that's His mom. It doesn't help that sometimes we can actually have a semi-good time when we're down there. Mainly that has to do with her husband though. I have a feeling one day she is just going to go that extra mile and Master is going to verbally curb stomp her ass and that'll be the end of it.

2 comments:

  1. I think you meant to say curb stomp not curb stop but yeah in a nutshell you're right.

    ReplyDelete