June 4, 2012

Recovering Hermits

I know that I've been posting a lot about hanging out with our neighbors. I really do. But honestly, it's still really new and I'm still getting used to it.

I know that I've posted that we don't really have any friends anymore. Well, we have three. One lives in Florida and we haven't seen him in about four years because of it. None of us can afford to visit the other and we all understand that. He had moved to Florida shortly before I moved in with Master. The other friend lives a couple of hours away and we seem to enjoy hanging out with him less each time we do see him. The last one is the one getting married in November and we haven't seen much of him recently either, understandably.

Since I moved in though we've pretty much stuck to ourselves. That was true for me in my last apartment and my apartment before that. The last time I had neighbors I actually hung out with was when I was growing up and would play with the other kids on the block.

So, for the past what? Ten plus years I've never been friends with any of my neighbors. And since I moved in here about seven years ago Master and I have been hermits. We only left the apartment to go do day to day shit, visit family, visit a friend or go on a "date". That was it. We hardly ever sat on our porch mainly because we didn't ever bother to get patio furniture.

Then we started sitting outside a little bit just to get out of the apartment. Master started to do that more until eventually, one of the neighbors came up and said hi. Since then we've been out there whenever the weather is nice.

For instance when I came home tonight Master put some chicken on the grill for dinner. We sat on our patio furniture and talked while it cooked. We came inside to eat and as soon as we were done eating we went right back outside.

Three of the neighbors we like, Mike, Cheryl and Angela were out there so we poked our heads up and they invited us down.

We sat there for a good couple of hours and just shot the shit. I enjoy it as long as certain people are out there. The older Mike is a good guy. The younger Mike is hilarious and has like a matching sense of humor for both Master and myself. Cheryl is older Mike's wife and she's hilarious. She reminds me of my dad's previous girlfriend and I loved hanging out with her. Angela is funny too. She is the one that I initially didn't like at all but now I really like talking to her. But I don't have as much fun unless at least there are two or more of the people listed above sitting out there.

So, now we're recovering hermits. So far it's turned out to be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Okay my pet enough about entire posts on the neighbors this is your slave blog after all. Not saying you can't talk about it, and I know it's new and all, just really that doesn't deserve entire posts.

    ReplyDelete