June 15, 2012

Medicine

We all know that I am one hell of a mess when I'm not on my medication. I didn't realize it at the time of course, but looking back... Wow. Just wow.

Total. Mess.

No, I haven't stopped taking my medication or anything like that. The reason I'm bringing it up is because the first week of July I have an appointment with my shrink. It's my three month check up basically. Every three months he wants me to come in so he can see how I'm doing and how I'm handling things. I can of course make appointments in between the three month marks but so far I haven't seen a need to.

But, this next visit is going to be a little different. I'm going to ask him to take me off one of my medications and put me on something else that is similar to it. Why? Well, the one medication is expensive. It hasn't been a problem until now. I've had one of those saving cards where instead of my copay being $60 a month it was $25. That savings card expires this month. I've already looked into it and I can't get a new one since I've had one for so long. Basically the pharmaceutical company would deny it as I'm not low income and I've had a card for... oh... about two years now? A year and a half? Something around there.

My other medication is only $10 a month because it's a generic. So, I want another medication that has a generic variant. The second meds I'm on (the $60 one) does not have a generic. I was honestly shocked to learn that because I thought all medications have a generic variant. Apparently I was wrong.

I'm a little nervous about switching medications but I trust my shrink. I really do. After all, if I didn't trust him I wouldn't be going there and Master surely wouldn't allow me to go there. I'll just have to closer eye on myself during the medication change over. That's all. And I'm sure Master will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment