June 11, 2012

Venting About Work

I'll warn you ahead of time, this post is about work. I've been trying to stay away from the subject but today I just need to vent a little bit about it.

Okay so first, I've been waiting for my review for almost four months now. With that review will come a cost of living raise. I want that raise and I want it now. I know there are a lot of people without jobs and some people with jobs don't get raises. I understand that and I shouldn't bitch. But I do have a job and I have a job where raises are given. So, I'm just venting. They will back date the pay raise, which is nice in one way because the check immediately after my review will be larger. The down side to that is more taxes will come out than usual. I have a feeling I'll pretty much break even on that one. I hate it when reviews are late. I can understand a month but come on now. I go to work. I'm on time. I do my job. I go above and beyond. Give. Me. My. Review.

The second thing is another policy change as to how we handle things. This time it's client wide. This makes it a bit easier because I don't have to worry if this or that client goes with that policy or not. The down side is that it's not just for new referrals. It's for current ones  as well. And with what it effects it makes going back and placing that policy in will be difficult.

Thirdly, the driver of the carpool had talked about moving a while back. Then she said that it might not happen. As a result I severely slacked off on my hunt for a new job. My job is not horrible. I may complain, but it doesn't matter what job you have.. you complain about something. However, I know what my insurance is and what my co-pays are. I've been there a little over three years now and it's going to suck starting from square one again.

But today she told us that it was definitely going through. She's been collecting boxes from work to pack with. I guess her and the two friends she is moving in with have started a group bank account so they can start saving up for the move.

So, now I'm going to be starting my job hunt again. She said that they'll start seriously looking in August. So I have a little time.

Yes, I could stay at my job and just take my car with the two other people in the carpool. One of them doesn't have a car or a license. The other has one car between him and his wife and he says it's "her" car. In other words he isn't "allowed" to take it to go to work. His wife doesn't want to take a bus and won't drop us off at work. I know how difficult it is to have only one car. That's all we have. But it would be nice if she were at least willing to drop us off and pick us up from time to time.

And yes, the other two people in the carpool would be helping out with gas. But it's not just the extra gas money I'm worried about. We only have the one car and I don't want to run her into the ground. She's 11 years old, which isn't that old and she has just under 100,000 miles on her. So it's not like I'm driving a POS or anything. But my job is 45 minutes one way. So that would be 90 miles a day, five days a week.

Since she is our only car I worry about putting that much mileage on her. I'd rather have a job closer to home. I already talked to Master about it and He agreed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment