April 26, 2011

Nightmares

I have been having troubles sleeping the past few days. Sunday night I woke up several times just long enough to check the alarm clock, groan when I realized what time it was, and then try to get a few more hours of sleep. Sometimes I woke up it seemed for no reason. Other times I woke up knowing that I had been having a nightmare, but I couldn't remember about what.

Last night was the same thing. I ended up sleeping out in the living room because Master wasn't ready to go to sleep. I had no memory of what my nightmares were about but apparently they had messed with me enough that I didn't want to go to bed alone. Honestly it's not really abnormal for me to want to sleep in the living room simply because Master isn't ready to go to bed. But last night I knew that the nightmares were part of the reason.

I slept fine in the living room. Master woke me up to go to bed, we curled up and I fell back asleep. But I had nightmares again. And again I have no memory of what they were. I don't even have glimpses of them when I'm awake to try and figure out what the subject matter is. I hate that. When I at least know something of what they were I feel better about it. That may sound weird, but that's just how I work.

When I can't remember anything it irritates the living hell out of me.

Master asked me a very good question. He asked if maybe the nightmares are a side effect of the medication I'm on. I honestly don't think so, but I could be wrong. However the medication may be the reason why I can't remember anything about them. I could be wrong about that though too.

Weird.

This morning I woke up feeling like death warmed over. I don't have a cold or the flu, but my head was pounding, my throat hurt and I felt extremely sluggish. I went to work anyway, even though I really didn't want to. But it didn't make any sense to me to use a vacation day when I wasn't terribly ill. I feel better right now, but I feel run down. Tired. Worn the fuck out.

Hopefully there won't be any nightmares tonight and I'll be able to sleep from the time my head hits the pillow until the time my alarm goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment