April 11, 2011

Assumptions

Most things become routine and "normal" when you are submerged in it long enough. Master and I have been together 8 years and for 7 1/2 of those years I have been His slave.

Yes, there have been many bumps in the road, mainly we came to later find out having to deal with my self destructive behavior directly related to my being bipolar and un-medicated at the time. But we have always come back to it, and here we are. Husband and wife. Master and slave.

Now I'm not dumb enough to think that everyone has the same dynamic in their relationship.

Now one thing in our marriage/dynamic that has never changed is the fact that I am His secretary. If people want to make plans they come through me, I talk to Him, and then I relay His response. About the only time that isn't true is when it's His mother.

That's not where I'm going with this. Okay, so I'm the secretary but He's the one who has final decision. Regardless of the fact that I give the opposite party the answer, the answer comes from Him. I'm just the messenger.

So today I noticed something about myself. When we make plans with a couple, I ultimately go to the male in the relationship to cement the plans.

It's not that I see this other guy as someone I should respect or that I see as dominant. It's just that I find myself assuming that within their relationship I figure that the male is the one that decides most things. And so rather than going to the mouth piece (the woman), I go to the source. Basically I cut out the middle man.

Now if I truly thought that all relationships worked like ours you would think that I would go to the female and have her relay the message, etc. But I think it's because I don't see the male as a dominant figure I cut the bullshit and go straight to him and go, "So when/what/where?"

It seems like a quicker process to me. Not that I see anything wrong or limiting in what Master and I do. Not at all. But for some reason I feel the need to not go to the wife/girlfriend as I would see that as wasting time, which in turn means that it takes me longer to get back to Master.

And that's down to the meat of it now that I just typed that. I go to the guy, in my assumption that the final decision rests with him in their relationship, because I want to get a quicker response for Master.

Interesting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment