April 5, 2011

Post About Our Dog

I figured I'd be as up front as possible in the blog title.

Today our pup had to have his yearly check up. We've had him officially a year. It's amazing that it's been that long. When we first got him he was 1 year old and weighed 65 lbs. He was still growing at that point. (Maybe he still is. I'm not sure.)

Now he's 2 years old and he went to the vet to get a once over. They drew blood to make sure he doesn't have heart worms, got a physical, got his distemper shot and his 3 year rabies shot.

We have to wait for his blood work to come back but other than that he has a clean bill of health! Yay! And I'm 99.9% sure his blood work will come back fine. I'm leaving the 0.01% the hell alone just so I don't jinx the dog.

Well they weighed him today as well, as part of his physical. When Master told me how much he weighed I was floored. Seriously. Our dog weighs 72.5 lbs. 72.5! That is not a typo!

I only outweigh the dog by about 37lbs. It's a good thing he listens to me other wise I'd be dragged around whenever I took him outside.

Apparently the vet isn't sure what he's mixed with. They are seeing the traits of the breeds we think he is but they aren't sure what else he would be mixed with. Now that's a mutt. When you confuse your vet, you have a mutt on your hands. So Master and I are very happy that we have a healthy puppy. Although he's not a puppy anymore. That's okay, we still call him a puppy. He'll always be a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment