April 3, 2011

Stereotypes

You know, when you first inform people (friends,family,etc.) that you are involved in a M/s relationship there are certain things that probably instantly come to most of their minds. "He must be a control freak and/or abusive asshole," as far as the Master side of things go. On the slave side, "She must be weak and/or not have any self confidence."

Those I believe would be some of the main points. Then there are the horn ball guys who fancy themselves Doms or Masters who figure that if a woman submits to one man, then she submits to all men. Like they can just walk up to you whether it be in front of your Master or not, and start barking orders. I laugh at those guys. Unless Master has given said person express permission to give me orders and has told me about such, I would in no way, shape or form follow those orders.

I only submit to Master. He has on occasion given BC permission to give me a few orders. But He told me about it and parameters were set up before hand. But then BC started getting way too pushy about it. There were times that he would come over and think he could give me orders because Master had previously said he could during that time frame. But apparently he thought that was an all access pass. There were times he would ask Master if he could get me alone and give me orders and all that. Master quickly told him that it would never happen, but that didn't stop him from asking a few more times until Master felt he had crossed the line way too much and put the friendship aside to say, "Look..."

From there it stopped and Master has never given him that permission again. BC took it and ran until he had given himself enough rope to hang himself with. So Master decided that he wasn't taking it seriously enough or was just not getting it through his thick skull that it was permission with very strict limits.

I remember one time we actually told one of Master's other friends. He got so pissed about it he started calling me a weak woman, that I was a disgrace to all the time and effort women before me had done in order to get women out of that role. He also started screaming at Master that He was a controlling asshole. And this was in our own home!

We haven't told many people about our dynamic. My mother knows. She doesn't know all the details and she doesn't want to. She doesn't feel any differently about Master or myself. She understands that our relationship is healthy and that I'm safe.

My father knows to a point as well. But he sees it as something to make fun of. He cracks jokes. He probably just thinks it's kinky stuff and doesn't take it seriously at all.

His mother has no clue and neither does His father. His dad probably wouldn't care but His mother would probably want to take me to a woman's shelter. She's nuts.

That's another stereotype. That the M/s dynamic is nothing more than abusive men and abused women. That it's not healthy. If only they knew how loving and happy our relationship is.

The other stereotype is the kind my father apparently has. That it's not serious. That it's just all fun and games.

There is a lot of work that goes into being an M/s dynamic, just like it does in any relationship. It is serious and it is not something to be taken lightly.

I feel that Master and I help break those stereotypes. He's not abusive, He's not a control freak. I'm not a battered woman with no direction in life. We're just a happily married couple with their own way of doing things and our own ways of expressing our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment