April 19, 2011

Dependence

To give a little insight into this post I just want to start it off by saying that on and off through out my work day Master and I will message back and forth. He sends me an e-mail, my cell phone receives it as a text message, and then I write Him back. We do it mainly when my work is slow and He's not running errands or job hunting.

But it's normally at least a few messages back and forth every day I'm at work. Well today I didn't receive any messages. By 1:30pm I was wondering why, and so I called to touch base. He said He had sent me a few messages. I told Him that I hadn't received them. So we both figured that for whatever reason the message to my cell phone dohicky wasn't working today.

And of course today was one of my extremely light work load days. I had finished with my work by 2pm and I had another three hours to go. I was bored, but I knew I couldn't just call up Master and kill time that way because it would be on the work phone. Not good. If I'm on my lunch break or it's a quick 15-20 minute call off my lunch break no one cares. But Master also hates talking on the phone. Which is kind of funny given that He's worked in two call centers before.

Now, I'm not trying to sound like a clingy wife or anything, but I really missed those messages. I like touching base with Him at various points through out the day. But I wouldn't call it clingy. I'm dependent on Him for emotional support, to just brighten my day and to basically help break up the time until I see Him when I get home. It also feels submissive to me. I touch base with Him, He knows what's going on even if it's nothing. Sometimes we talk about what He wants me to do when I get home, we'll flirt, we'll talk dirty, etc.

I also think He enjoys it. He can give orders that way so He doesn't have to wait until I get home. I come home and I already know what is expected of me right off the bat. It helps break up His day as well.

Master and I are the type of couple, dynamic and all, that really love spending time with one another. We do pretty much everything together. And while I'm at work it's nice to keep that going even in such a small way. I'm lost without Him. When He was working at the job He quit because it was too dangerous to work there anymore He was sent to a different city that was too far away to drive back and forth every day. He was there for three days and nights. We talked at the end of His shift but it was for no more than an hour each night because He was beat and was ready to pass out on the hotel bed.

During those three days and nights I felt lost. I knew certain things I still had to do, but when it came time to entertain myself it wasn't easy. Normally I would ask Him what He wanted to do and then go from there. And cruising around the internet gets boring after a while.

When He got home from that trip He admitted that He had been lost as well. I wasn't there to talk to, to cuddle with, to fetch things for Him.

We're an extremely tight knit couple on all levels. And without the other we both get lost. I am an extension of Him, quite literally. Granted I'm a slightly crazy extension but hey, that doesn't seem to bother Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment