April 27, 2011

Stress with a Side of Stress

My work load has been pretty light lately. I have just enough to get me through the day as long as I take my time and goof around here and there. This sounds like a good thing, but honestly I wish there was more work to do because that would mean I would have a reason for overtime.

Overtime is a good thing. Not a lot, but enough that I could clock in a half hour early and cut my lunch hour short. I could technically do that now but it would bring some unwanted attention as they know our department was slow so either they would know I was padding my hours or they would start to wonder if I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

I've been clocking in a little early here and there. Just enough to get about an hour extra each week. Doing such doesn't bring unwanted attention and every penny helps.

But because of the lack of work my paycheck is suffering slightly. I used to be able to get in at least three hours extra every 2 weeks. It doesn't sound like a lot but believe me it makes a difference.

Our financial stress is really smacking us upside the head with a really big stick this week. Rent will be paid on time, but after that it's going to be extremely tight.

Master is still putting out job applications. In fact His friend e-mailed Him today because his job is hiring, so Master shot off an e-mail to that person.

I know Master is feeling the stress a lot because He feels like He should be able to do more. I understand that, I really do. I'm feeling the stress too but I'm trying to keep a handle on it. I figure I'll take it day by day, penny by penny. It'll work out, it's just going to really suck until my next paycheck hits, which is not for two more weeks. Two weeks doesn't sound like a long time but it can really feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment