April 17, 2011

Much Needed Night Out

Master and I have been dealing with a lot of stress. We don't have many friends left. We've burned a lot of bridges in the eight years we've been together. They have all been valid reasons, in my eyes. The only bridges left are slowly starting to become unstable. BC is getting pinned down by his girlfriend. She keeps him under her thumb and plans every minute of his free time around what she wants to do, which does not include us, and he's allowing it. SS is getting married in December and she is pulling away from us because her fiance doesn't really care for us.

Well, I'd been talking with a married couple at work who I get a long with and they had wanted to hang out. Master and I are usually broke as hell, so we kept pushing it off. Well, this week my paycheck was a bit fatter than usual. So we made plans for last night with them. They aren't what I would call our "typical" friends. They are a bit more... straight laced than we are. But that's okay. That's them. I have no problem with that. But they only knew me from work. And trust me, I'm almost a completely different person at work. I mean my sense of humor is pretty much the same, although it's toned down. I dress different, I carry myself differently, and I pretty much keep to myself minus a select few which includes the married couple.

So I wasn't too worried about us liking them. I was worried about if they could handle us. Master and I can be a little intense.

We met them at a local restaurant. They were a little late due to traffic, but no big deal there. At least they let us know they were running late.

We got through dinner and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. They picked up the bill, which we were not expecting at all. I tried to pay our half, but they wouldn't have it. We decided to hit a local bar. I paid for first rounds, much to their objection. They kind of know our financial situation, but I didn't want them paying for everything.

We all had a good time which was great! Master and I got some stress relief due to a good night out and they don't get out much either so it was a nice break for them as well.

We got home around 10pm, so Master said I could skip last night's post. However, we did stay up until 4am watching NetFlix. I slept in a lot later than I had meant to so I know it's gonna be hell getting up tomorrow. It'll be worth it though. Master and I had a nice weekend and actually got out of the house for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment