April 1, 2011

Family Time

Today I went down to my hometown to visit with my mom. What was really nice about it was the fact that it was just her and I. Don't get me wrong I love it when Master comes with. It's nice to see that my family loves him and He loves my family. It's heart warming to say the least.

But I don't get one on one time with my mom a lot. In fact it's incredibly rare. Before I moved up here to live with Master my mother and I hung out every other day. We get along great (unlike when I was a teen) and have a lot of fun together. Plus her and I like to go window shopping and Master finds that incredibly boring and pointless. I'm normally not that way either, but every now and then I enjoy it.

I spent a good four hours just hanging out with my mom. I think that was the first time in at least two years that there was no one else around.

Why you ask? Well, when I go to my hometown you would think I was a fucking celebrity. I don't get down there as often as I would like due to gas prices and a tight budget. It's a 45 minute drive one way, and that's only if traffic is good. On the flip side of that coin my family hardly gets up here. On my mom's end it's because she doesn't own a car that she would trust to get her here and back. On my father's end I have no idea why. Then again I don't want his girlfriend in my house so that's fine by me.

So anyway.. my family acts like it's this huge thing when I come into town. At least my immediate family. My parents are divorced so there are two households to hit up. When I go to my mom's it's her, her husband and my brother. My brother lives with her because his now ex kicked him out while he was unemployed because she found someone else. He's still unemployed unfortunately but is going to college. So that's a bonus. And sometimes my nephews are there as well.

So all told there is a minimum of three people in that house alone to catch up with. Then there is my dad, which as I said is a separate household.

So when I go to my hometown everyone wants to see Master and myself. They want to hang out, catch up, and all that. Which is great. Don't get me wrong I love catching up with everyone. But there's almost no one on one with any of them. My mother normally is busy and when she's not her husband is there. My brother doesn't have much down time between college and his sons, so normally I only see him when he's available and I'm already visiting with Mom. There is the rare occasion where I will pick up my brother and he spends the night up here. That's always a lot of fun. Master and my brother get along really well.

My dad's? Well, if he's there... so is his bitch of a girlfriend. He makes sure she's home if we're coming over because he wants us to all get along. He's trying to force her into the family basically. I'm not having it. I tolerate her for my father's sake. But that's it. The last time my father and I had one on one time was when I was 20 and we went to a concert together. Yeah, it's been eight years. Then again it would be awkward because even if I do just visit him without Master, cause He's sick or doesn't feel like visiting, the first words out of my dad's mouth is, "Where is (insert Master's name)?" And then has a look of disappointment on his face. Master and my father get along like best friends. It's incredible and I'm very thankful for it. But if I go down there by myself I don't have as much fun because it's like my dad isn't sure how to interact with me without my Husband there. It's kind of sad actually because my dad and I used to get along really well and always had a lot of fun. But that was a long time ago.

So yeah, I'm very popular when I'm in town. But I really enjoyed today and I'm glad my mother and I had some "girl time". Although she did make sure to say that next time she wants to see my Husband as well. *smiles* I'm very thankful that my family love Him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment