July 25, 2013

Zombie

I got up at 4am today. That was rough. On weekends I'll sometimes stay up that late for crying out loud. So when the alarm went off and I looked at the clock if was very tempting to set it for an hour later and fall back asleep. But I don't want to spend my entire Saturday at work, so I crawled out of bed. Apparently I accidentally woke up Master because He came stumbling out into the living room asking what I was doing up so damn early. I had told Him last night that I was going in early today but I didn't say what time. So I just explained that I was going into work. I gave Him a hug and He stumbled back to bed, His eyes barely open.

The day seemed insanely long. Then again it was. I'll be doing it again tomorrow and going into work on Saturday for about 5 hours.

One thing I found odd though is that I felt okay when I was at work. I felt a little worn down but I wasn't exhausted. I didn't feel all that sore.

That is, until I got in the car for the ride home. Then I started to notice how stiff my lower back was. And by the time I walked in the apartment door my back hurt, my calves hurt and my fucking feet hurt. I'm sure they did all day, but I didn't notice until I was able to relax.

After dinner Master and I chilled and watched a movie. I sprawled out on the couch trying to relieve some of the pain and soreness. It would help one part but not the other, so I was shifting a lot. I still don't really feel tired. I feel exhausted but not tired as in I need to fall asleep. I'm sure that'll hit in a few hours. For right now I'm just in a haze it seems. My thoughts feel like they are in a fog. It's weird.

2 comments:

  1. I can get up early like that for work one day in a row. But by the second day, around 10 am, I get grouchy.

    It just doesn't work for me for long periods of time. I actually have come to despise the early risers that think we should all be there early. Some people just don't think that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a morning person at all. Not even a little bit. I'm more of a night owl. So getting up that early is rough on me. And doing it two days in a row is worse. I did 11 paid hours yesterday and today and I get to go in for another four to five hours tomorrow. Joy. I get what you mean about despising early risers. *laughs* The person in my carpool is a morning person so he'll hop in the car full of energy and I want to smack him each time.

    ReplyDelete