July 11, 2013

Supportive

Well, I started the Word document last night. I had the title page made up and started on the first page of the actual story.

Of course, I'm now thinking about changing the title. Not a lot. Just one of the words. What it has now seems kind of bland.. it doesn't pop. It's the same title that it had when I was originally writing it. But now, it doesn't seem to grab attention the way I want it to. When it comes to books the title can make it or break it. If the title doesn't sound interesting, you're not going to pick the book up off the shelf. After that, it's how the book actually looks. Whether it's a normal cover with artwork on it or a hard cover with a jacket on it. But at least I know the title I want to change it to.

Now I just have to find time to keep writing. Well, that's not an accurate statement. I have to make time to write it. During the work week that's going to be a bit difficult only because I want to have as much down time with Master as possible. The night already seems so short without taking more time out of it to write.

I know Master wants to encourage this though. I'm almost wondering if He'll end up making it part of my nightly routine. *shrugs* I know I'll be putting time into it on the weekends, as long as I'm not up against a huge writer's block.

It was kind of funny on the way home from work today though. The passenger in my carpool writes. Well, he tells me he does anyway. Nothing published. Actually, he has told me that he has been writing the same story for over ten years and it's still not done. And he wants to make it a trilogy. If it's taken you ten plus years to write what you have and you don't have a full book yet you'll never get the trilogy done.

So I mentioned that I had started. He asked me why. So I told Him about how Master had brought it up which kind of kicked it all off. The passenger almost seemed jealous. He then proceeded to tell me that his wife is not supportive of his writing at all. She won't read it even when he asks. He asks to get her feedback and she just thinks it's a stupid idea to begin with.

That sucks for him though. I would be very hurt if Master totally dismissed something I put a lot of effort and time into. I'm very glad that Master is supportive. Even if this doesn't go anywhere. Even if it's never published. At least I'll know that my Husband was supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment