July 16, 2013

Drained

I thought it was just me today. I felt drained of all energy as soon as I walked out the door this morning. It wasn't even really all that hot out at the time, so I don't know what the fuck all that was about. I didn't have to pick up the passenger for the carpool on the way to work, so I took my time. Like I said, I felt exhausted for no reason. I had slept really, really well all night.

Then I got to work and not only did I feel drained but I felt unmotivated. I didn't want to do a damn thing. Obviously, I pushed myself.

But this post isn't about work. It's about how blah I've been all damn day. When I got out of work the car told me it was 93° outside. Fuck me running. We live in Wisconsin people! We are built for getting through cold as fuck winters. This hot as a mother fucker summer is some bullshit.

I did have the passenger in the car on the way home. And of course he's full of energy. I just sat there quietly, just concentrating on the road while he babbled on about absolutely nothing. I only spoke when I absolutely had to.

I remember walking in the door to our apartment and feeling relief as soon as I got inside. I was still blah and drained but at least I was home. Then I saw Master. He looked about as drained as I felt. And so did the dog.

So, I guess I'm not alone in that feeling today. Master even commented on how He has felt that way all day and so has the mutt. I guess our dog has been sleeping most of the day, and apparently he plans on keeping that going tonight. I'm really glad we have air conditioning, that's all I can really say. It's nice and cool in the apartment, but even still we're all dragging butt.

It can't all be the heat then. I guess it's just that kind of Tuesday. The heat isn't helping though.

No comments:

Post a Comment