July 20, 2013

Long Friday

As you may have noticed I didn't do a blog post last night. Why? Because Master was kind enough to allow me to skip it. I was fucking beat.

My day started at 6:20am. I got up, got dressed, took the dog out, stopped at the gas station to put gas in the car, and then headed to work. So far, pretty normal shit. After work I stopped at the bank to pull some money out and then dropped off the passenger in my carpool. I had made an appointment to get the car an oil change. The appointment was at 1pm so it made no sense what so ever to go home for 25 minutes just to head back out again. So I just went straight to the mechanics.

That is when things started to slip sideways a little bit too much for my liking. I got there at about 12:40pm. They were able to get my car in right away for the oil change. I sat down for maybe 10 minutes before the guy walks out and tells me that my car is pretty much pissing out power steering fluid. Oh joy. So he takes me back there and shows me what is going on. Master had pointed out that the car was leaking a little something here and there but I figured okay, it's a small leak. It'll be okay for a little while. Nope. Not anymore.

The guy told me how much it would cost. I clenched my teeth when he told me but really, what other choice did I have? I trust these guys. They've never steered me wrong. Go ahead. Do the damn repair. He told me it would only take about 45 minutes. Okay cool. I can handle that and we'll still make it in time to take the dog to the vet.

But of course it wasn't as easy as they had hoped. Apparently, they needed to rethread the damn thing because it was jacked up. Fucking hell. The owner offered for me to take his personal car to go home, pick up Master and the dog, go to the vet appointment, drop Master and the dog back off and come back when he called telling me my car was ready. That was extremely generous of him but I don't feel comfortable driving other people's cars.

I called Master and told Him and He said we'd just reschedule the vet appointment. So then I called the vet and was able to make it for the following day (today). I finally got out of there at around 4pm. And that entire time I was sitting on basically a plain old metal folding chair. My back and shoulders were screaming at me. But I couldn't just go home and plop my happy ass down. We had other shit planned.

So I get home, pick up Master and then we headed on down to my dad's place to help him with more Ebay stuff. I think we left there around 8pm or so. When we got home we pretty much wolfed down dinner and finally collapsed in our usual spots in the living room.

I finally crashed around midnight. Master woke me up when He was ready to go to bed.

So far today hasn't been too bad. We took the mutt to his vet appointment. He got his distemper shot, a heart worm test, and a physical. He weighs in at 78lbs. The vet wants us to cut back on his portions. He didn't really say how much he needs to lose, but it's more than a couple pounds. The fucked up thing of it is that he isn't fat. He's just not where the vet thinks he should be. We trust that vet, so we listen. Our pup is going on a diet. The bill was a little higher than I thought it was going to be, but it needed to be done.

So far, it's been a pretty expensive weekend. And the shitty thing is it wasn't because of any fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment