February 20, 2013

To Post... Or Not To Post

Master and I were talking today and the subject of my blog came up. I often ask what He thinks of my posts, how I am doing with it, etc. After all it is under His orders that I blog every night. (No that is not a complaint.)

He said that He's glad that I am getting back to the reason He wants me to blog. He doesn't mind posts about day to day stuff but He wants more depth to my posts. He wants me to post more about my thoughts, feelings, and my submission to Him in general. He knows that I can't always come up with something along those lines so like I said, He understands the day to day shit.

I, of course, was happy that He was pleased. I have been trying to break away from the day to day posts. Honestly, that's part of the reason I've started reading FetLife again. I hadn't logged in for well over a month. But reading threads and particular posts and/or comments will spark a thought in my brain and I can run with it, here on my blog.

He said something though that kind of surprised me, as we were discussing my blog.

A while back... honestly I don't know how long ago this was... Master had allowed me to put pictures on my blog. He actually really enjoyed that. But then, someone had to go and ruin it. People were yanking the pictures and posting them as their own on different sites. First off, that's me damn it! Secondly, that's Master's work! He takes all the pictures. I'm simply in them.

As a result,  He had me take them all down. I completely understood the reason of course.

Some time after that He told me that I could put up pictures as long as my entire face wasn't in them. So I had done that and before posting it I showed it to Him. He had a weird look on His face and said, "That looks kind of stupid without facial pictures." (It was a separate page, not just a post.) And so that idea was scrapped.

But He brought it up again today. He told me that He would allow me to post pictures as long as my entire face wasn't in them. This made me mentally take a step back. So I told Him about the conversation I mentioned above and apparently He had not remembered it. He apologized and said that He retracts the "That's stupid" comment.

So I now officially have His permission to post pictures again. However, He has left it up to me as to whether or not I actually do it.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. I mean, it's not like my pictures aren't up somewhere on the internet to begin with. So I don't really know why I'm hesitating about it on my blog. I asked Him what He thought and He just looked at me and said, "I told you it was up to you."

And that was that. So now I'm just trying to decide how I feel about it. I don't have a paint program capable of leaving a watermark, so I can't "protect" them that way.

I don't know. I'm on the fence about it. All I know is that I'm not making a decision about it right now.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about being concerned about pictures etc. I created a password protected page (or pages actually) as a "thank you" page for people who'd purchased one of my books. That way I can exchange email messages with people first etc. I know it's not an exact form of "vetting", but sensible, well-written emails help to give some "clues" as to sincerity. Have you tried that sort of approach?
    Re the "watermark" effect you mention. I leave all the "technical" bits to my husband, but I'm sure he uses a free program of some sort to crop his pictures and "blur-out" the more distinguishing features of some of my partners in the pics. I will ask him and give you details if I can.
    P.s. DIdn't know you were on Fetlife too. (Though I don't get time to log-in there as much as I used to. LOL !!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to handle the whole picture page thing. I did find a free water mark thing online. I didn't really care for how it looked. But hey, who knows. I might take a few through there and see what the end result is on each picture. I have never tried an e-mail approach or a password protected page.

    Yes, we are both on FetLife.. lol

    ReplyDelete