February 16, 2013

I'm Normal... For Me

Remember that whole "That Girl" post I did? Not to mention that "Self Image" post. Well, something else made me think of it. It happened yesterday actually. We went down to my dad's as soon as I got home. I literally walked in the door, grabbed a soda, grabbed some other items that I needed,  and then Master and I went back out. As soon as we got there my dad smiled. He is always so happy to see us.

We sat down for a few minutes and talked a little bit. Then we decided to get down to business and get the eBay stuff done and over with. I'm glad we got to it right away though because Dad wanted to list a lot more than I thought. As a result, it took longer of course. But it was early enough that we could hang out for a few more hours. It would have really sucked having to leave as soon as we were done.

Side note: When Master read the "Self Image" post He said that He's happy I'm feeling more comfortable in my skin again.

And I thought about that as we were sitting there goofing off. I do feel more comfortable in my skin and as a result I'm more like myself. I never hold back on my personality when I'm around my dad. After all, he's pretty much the same as I am regarding sense of humor and tastes in the more morbid things. But I guess I just feel different now. Odd, isn't it?

So, I'm feeling pretty good and I think Master has noticed it as well. He's been smiling a lot the past few days when He looks at me.

Since I'm feeling more comfortable in my skin I decided fuck it, I'll start letting go of that whole "I don't want to be that girl so I'll hold back on x,y,z."

We are on a social network website and most of our family members and friends are there too. So I posted the following picture on it:


I know it may not seem like much, but it's a step for me. Everyone has always known I'm odd. And I'm not sure why that picture makes me proud of the fact that I even posted it. Maybe because it's Wednesday Addams. I looked up to her and Morticia Addams when I was young. Hell I still do. Who the hell am I kidding? They are my image of a kick ass girl/woman. Talk about being comfortable in your skin! These bitches didn't care and thought they were the normal ones! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment