August 12, 2012

Priceless

Yet another thread I was reading that got my mind going a little.

It was a debate about whether or not a slave is worthless.

A slave is not worthless. I am not worthless. Now I'm not talking about humiliation or saying something like that because it turns someone on or anything like that. I'm talking about someone honestly saying that a slave is worthless.

If I was worthless, why would Master want me? Why would He want a useless piece of property hanging around Him all the time. Some worthless thing always looking to Him for guidance. Some one worthless loving Him and begging for His attention and affection.

If I was worthless He wouldn't love me.

I am not something that can be thrown away or tossed aside. I am His property, yes. But I am valuable. Hell, I'm more than valuable. I am priceless.

There is not another one like me in the world. I am me. I am unique and have quirks and problems. I have a personality that is mine and mine alone. I am literally the only one who can please Him the way that I do. Why? Because another person wouldn't be able to do something exactly the way I do. They wouldn't have my words, they wouldn't have my touch, they wouldn't have my smell. They wouldn't have any of it.

Just as no one else is like my Master. There is only one Him. And there is only one me.

I am of value to Him. If I wasn't, He wouldn't keep me around. What's the point of having property that doesn't mean something to you or of worth to you?

There isn't. If something laying about your house doesn't mean anything to you and is just useless junk collecting dust, you throw it out. It may take you a while because you don't want to bother with it right then and there but you do eventually get it out of your sight.

Something of value, even if you're the only one who finds it valuable is something that you keep. It's something you hold onto. Master's been holding onto me for nine years. And I don't ever see Him letting me go. He loves me and He needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment