August 16, 2012

Is Your Medication Working?

Today has been one of those days where I know my medication is working. Why you ask? Well, I'll tell you why.

I'm not going to go into a lot of specifics but my mother called me at work and had some really bad news for me. I cried a little bit but was able to keep my composure. It wasn't even really crying. I was just so pissed off that my eyes were watering and tears would fall down my face. But like I said, I kept my composure. If I didn't have my medication I know I would have been a fucking wreck, spiraling out of control and then some. I wouldn't have stayed at work. I would have flipped out and just left, gone home and shut myself down. That would have been the end of it.

But I was able to calm myself to a point. I was still livid, don't get me wrong. But I was able to still do my job and keep myself together.

About an hour later Master calls me and apparently we got a letter in the mail from our landlord. Our neighbors upstairs, the ones Master got into a heated discussion with a few months back, complained that we are slamming our patio door and allowing our dog to walk around without a leash outside.

I immediately called the landlord. Master has been living here since 2004. I moved up in 2005. We have been here for a long fucking time. She told me that she has never had a complaint on us before. I reassured her that our dog is never off his leash or harness. I also told her that we do not mean to slam the patio door, if we are doing so.

She told me that she only sent the letter because she wanted to make us aware of it. She said she isn't worried about it at all. As long as we're good with the landlord I couldn't care less about what a neighbor has to say, especially when they are lying through their teeth. She actually told me that she thinks that they are complaining to try and get out of their lease or some shit like that.

She told me to either A) Go up there and calmly talk to them and try to resolve this or B) Ignore them completely.

I already know that talking to them is not going to do any good and will just add fuel to the fire. So to me, those neighbors no longer exist. If they say anything, I'm not going to respond. If they give me a look, they aren't there.

That way none of their complaints will ever be true and I don't have to fucking worry about it.

Sometimes I really hate living in apartments. I really do.

But there again was another good example that my medication is working. I was able to calmly talk to my landlord and explain and she was cool about it. I didn't flip out. I didn't get completely off the wall upset. I was mad, yes. But I was able to think logically.

No comments:

Post a Comment