August 17, 2012

Worried

Today after I got home from work Master and I went down to visit my father. I hadn't seen him in a month or so and so off we went.

I was a little surprised when I walked in the door and noticed that furniture and other things were all over the place. I didn't say anything, figuring they were rearranging or some shit like that.

But no. Apparently my dad and his girlfriend broke up a couple of weeks ago and she is moving out. Don't get me wrong, I hate that woman. She has never sat well with me and as my dad's back was getting worse she didn't seem to be helping him out at all. That pissed me off but there was no telling Dad. After all he's one of those guys who is stubborn as hell. So whatever there.

The way my dad explained it was that he and his now ex-girlfriend were fighting a lot. I asked why and he said that she would just start bitching up a storm about small shit and wouldn't let it go and wouldn't let my dad have any cool down time.

Well, he's going to be 51 years old in two weeks and he finally had enough and told her that he doesn't need this kind of thing in his life right now. He's trying to get disability since his back is that bad. He can't hold a normal job and his last job told him that they wouldn't/couldn't work within his medical limitations. On top of that he really needs the insurance so that he can get his back surgery done.

My dad has one job right now. He delivers newspapers in the morning. So he's mainly sitting in his car and throwing newspapers out the window. Even after that his back is killing him, but walking and standing is worse.

I'm worried for him. I am. His back is getting worse and getting disability, even with a lawyer, is a long process and of course there is no guarantee. So he'll only be living off what little money he makes doing the paper route. But he lives 45 minutes away. I can't really do much to help. I definitely cannot help out financially even though I would like to here and there. It's just not feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment