August 11, 2012

No Fair!

I was reading a thread today and it struck me as a good topic for my blog.

I'm not going to put user names or any bullshit like that but I will give the basic layout...

Okay, so this slave had a curfew. She was going out to a friends house and her curfew was midnight. She went. She wasn't home until well after midnight. Now, her excuse was that her friend lives far from her place and she didn't have a ride home until after she asked someone and they told her they weren't leaving until after midnight and she said fine. She said she made a judgment call. Now, I don't know all the details obviously but she obviously got there just fine and the way she explains is it was "hard" for her to go home and it was "safer" to leave with the person who didn't want to leave until after midnight.

Basically, she thinks her Master overreacted and she didn't deserve to be punished and basically wanted to know if other slaves felt that way. Now, I'll admit I didn't read most of the replies as the original poster didn't respond (I know because I looked). So I just went to the end and commented.

My response was stating that I do not feel punishments are unfair or unjustified. Yes, Master can make a bad decision, but when it comes to punishment He doesn't go off half cocked. He allows me to give Him more details and basically state my case. Once that is done, He either tells me He understands or tells me that I am still going to be punished, this is why and this is what the punishment will be.

Now, in the particular scenario above I already know what would have happened without even having to think about it.

If I was allowed to go out by myself and He gave me a curfew and I did not have a damn good reason as to why I was late coming home, my ass would be grass. By damn good reason I mean like extremely bad weather and I had left early because of it or something along those lines. It would have to be something I had attempted to avoid or something completely out of my hands.

He would say that I knew my friend lived far away and that I should have figured out a way to get home on time prior to going out rather than figuring it out after the fact. He would call it poor planning and there for a willing disobedience.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed - my M would definitely be pissed that my planning was poor. Otherwise it would have to be something that came up out of my hands and even then I would be in trouble if I had not called him right of when that something occurred to explain the situation and work out a plan of action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! See! I knew I wasn't the only one.. lol

    ReplyDelete